What's a good m.2 ssd

blu4

I was looking at the 970 evo, WD blue, critical P1 in the 1TB size

I want to spend as little while getting the most. Is the 970 evo really worth the price over the WD blue or crucial p1

I also saw people saying stuff about maybe needing a headsink for the SSD? what would make you need that?

I would use this as the only drive in my system for a while so I would do everything on it. (gaming, editing, rendering, browsing, etc...

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Whata bitratae of footage are you working with?

Id stay away from the 660p/p1 as athey havea qlc.

Id get something midrnage like a sx8200pro or the sn550

6 minutes ago, blu4 said:

I want to spend as little while getting the most

You can either hit a set performance for as little money as possible, or hit a set budget with the best performance possible. Both is not an option in economics, even if people want it to be. 

4 hours ago, merco said:

You can either hit a set performance for as little money as possible, or hit a set budget with the best performance possible. Both is not an option in economics, even if people want it to be. 

Price vs performance. Some things are expensive for other reasons (such as brand name) and you can get other brands that are cheaper and perform relativity the same or not enough to really care for the price drop. Its not for everything but usually people on here have lists like that for some items so you can get the best performance for your dollar.

Next time please only comment if you can actually answer the question. You are not telling me anything new or related to the question. Unless your comment gives me a good SSD for the price don't bother with a comment please.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

5 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Whata bitratae of footage are you working with?

Id stay away from the 660p/p1 as athey havea qlc.

Id get something midrnage like a sx8200pro or the sn550

Would a WD black be good too? Looking at the WD black and the sx8200pro they both are the same price but the WD amazon page has like no info

6 hours ago, blu4 said:

Would a WD black be good too? Looking at the WD black and the sx8200pro they both are the same price but the WD amazon page has like no info

Yea black will work fine aswell. I think they have 2 generations of wd black m.2 drives so check which one is which.

11 hours ago, blu4 said:

Next time please only comment if you can actually answer the question.

I gave you 2 options for a reason, if you can't clarify which route you want to go I can't give you an answer. I guess you still want the lowest price and the best performance, good luck.