Does it matter which power cable I use??

evobeatsti

So I was doing some cable management under my desk and unplugged everything, and I have two identical looking power cables (one for the monitor and one for my psu) I do not know which one goes to which. Does it matter? And if it does, does anyone know what the power cable should say for a Corsair rm750x or how to identify the right cable?? Thanks for helping me not blow up my pc!

They should be the same. (Which is not always the case but we talking about less then millimeters.)
So yes you can use both in both PSU and monitor.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

8 minutes ago, evobeatsti said:

So I was doing some cable management under my desk and unplugged everything, and I have two identical looking power cables (one for the monitor and one for my psu) I do not know which one goes to which. Does it matter? And if it does, does anyone know what the power cable should say for a Corsair rm750x or how to identify the right cable?? Thanks for helping me not blow up my pc!

Look at the cord itself.  There should be a power rating and wire gauge listed on each.

The RM750x came with a 13A/125V 16g cord if you're in the U.S. or other country that uses 115V

If you're in the UK, EU, etc. using 230V, the RM750x came with a 10A/250V 18g cord.

So one cord says e315167 sjt 105degreesc 3x16awg(1.31mm^2) 300v vw-1 1-sheng Csa LL81924

its a thicket gauge than the other one, is this the right one? Don’t see anything about amps. Guessing the 300v is volts? 

the other one says (ul) svt 6162604 3x18awg(0.924mm^2) vw-1 105degreesc 300v Ching Cheng csa type LL61597

i might have missed a few letters / numbers on here and my eyes hurt from reading the tiny writing on the cable. I looked up the top on and found something suggesting it’s for a dell monitor? The monitor is a mass drop 35’ curved ultra wide. Thanks!

Bump, thanks for the help, can’t find anything else on this online

1 hour ago, evobeatsti said:

So one cord says e315167 sjt 105degreesc 3x16awg(1.31mm^2) 300v vw-1 1-sheng Csa LL81924

its a thicket gauge than the other one, is this the right one? Don’t see anything about amps. Guessing the 300v is volts? 

the other one says (ul) svt 6162604 3x18awg(0.924mm^2) vw-1 105degreesc 300v Ching Cheng csa type LL61597

i might have missed a few letters / numbers on here and my eyes hurt from reading the tiny writing on the cable. I looked up the top on and found something suggesting it’s for a dell monitor? The monitor is a mass drop 35’ curved ultra wide. Thanks!

Right.

So, I'm guessing you're in the U.S.   Thanks for clarifying that.  (sarcasm).

Maybe you didn't know that "AWG" is "gauge".

So, like I said, the 16g wire is the one that goes to the PSU.

The 18g wire is the one that goes to your monitor.

On 5/16/2020 at 3:03 AM, jonnyGURU said:

Right.

So, I'm guessing you're in the U.S.   Thanks for clarifying that.  (sarcasm).

Maybe you didn't know that "AWG" is "gauge".

So, like I said, the 16g wire is the one that goes to the PSU.

The 18g wire is the one that goes to your monitor.

Yeah the weird part with the AWG (American Wire Gauge) is that the lower numbers are for the thicker cables.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!