Weird unresponsive Galaxy S7.

ShaneSimpkin

Hey, 

So earlier this year I upgraded from Galaxy S7 to S10+, and I would rarely use my old phone except for a security camera if i wasn't home. 

Now, weirdly enough - I used the phone last week in my living room and charged it to 100%, used it for what it was needed for and then set it down again. However, for some weird reason - it won't charge and weirder than that is that it still receives wireless charging but still doesn't turn on, the only way I know this is through using the powershare option on my S10+ and it confirmed that there was a connection (but I guess if it was a specific issue with my S7 then it would obviously make contact with the NFC tag).

I've tried to do a soft/hard reset with the buttons on my S7, different chargers, I even left it on overnight. 

What should I do next? I don't know how to get it repaired since currently the lockdown effect is in full swing in the UK.

23 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Does it get really hot when you try to charge it? Does the way you use it involve leaving it plugged in for extended periods of time?

When I used it the last time it was warm, I remember saying to my housemates "omg feel this, why is it so warm?" but it worked fine.

Apart from charging the phone, no, once charged i can take it off and use it as normal.

27 minutes ago, ShaneSimpkin said:

When I used it the last time it was warm, I remember saying to my housemates "omg feel this, why is it so warm?" but it worked fine.

Apart from charging the phone, no, once charged i can take it off and use it as normal.

Also, when I plug it in, nothing happens now, but if I do a wireless powershare it detects the phone via NFC but the phone still does nothing. (I forgot to add)