Intel 660p vs kingston a2000

EikSike

So, i'm going for a 1tb ssd in my new pc. In my country (Denmark) they are about the same price.

So which should i buy, it will mainly be used for gaming and slight content creation.

1 minute ago, Viper9 said:

I would pick the Intel 660P. 

Ok, is it faster/what is the reason

1 minute ago, EikSike said:

Ok, is it faster/what is the reason

They're about the same, but I've seen a lot of Kingston SSD fail, so that's why I think you're better with the Intel 660P. 

6 minutes ago, Viper9 said:

They're about the same, but I've seen a lot of Kingston SSD fail, so that's why I think you're better with the Intel 660P. 

Thanks mate. Losing your data is scary... going with the Intel 660p, Thx

12 minutes ago, EikSike said:

So, i'm going for a 1tb ssd in my new pc. In my country (Denmark) they are about the same price.

So which should i buy, it will mainly be used for gaming and slight content creation.

They should perform about the same but if you can get a crucial p1/p2 for the same price that would be better 

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 13t, i7 8565u with 16 gigs, 512 gig  nvme ssd, UHD 620 4k

Other laptop: Acer Chromebook cb3 431 with 4 gigs, celeron n3060 with hd 400 and 16 gigs eMMC soon to be a minecraft server?

Remeber to tag people or else they wont see your post.

1 minute ago, ItzCopiouz said:

They should perform about the same but if you can get a crucial p1/p2 for the same price that would be better 

It's more than 50% more expensive where i'm from... don't think that's worth it. (Limited budget)

Just now, EikSike said:

It's more than 50% more expensive where i'm from... don't think that's worth it. (Limited budget)

Ok, then I would reccomend the 660p then

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 13t, i7 8565u with 16 gigs, 512 gig  nvme ssd, UHD 620 4k

Other laptop: Acer Chromebook cb3 431 with 4 gigs, celeron n3060 with hd 400 and 16 gigs eMMC soon to be a minecraft server?

Remeber to tag people or else they wont see your post.

5 minutes ago, EikSike said:

Thanks mate. Losing your data is scary... going with the Intel 660p, Thx

You realize that if the SSD fails, your data is gone for good, forever.

On a spinner, there is a chance to recover the data, but not so on a SSD.

Just a FYI.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

You realize that if the SSD fails, your data is gone for good, forever.

On a spinner, there is a chance to recover the data, but not so on a SSD.

Just a FYI.

I know? what would suggest i didn't? He said that the a2000 could fail, so i answered: Losing your data is scary.

33 minutes ago, EikSike said:

I know? what would suggest i didn't? He said that the a2000 could fail, so i answered: Losing your data is scary.

Proper backups, that way, when (not if, when) the SSD dies, you haven't lost everything.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

A2000. Same controller, more DRAM, and TLC, not to mention newer 96L TLC.

23 hours ago, NewMaxx said:

A2000. Same controller, more DRAM, and TLC, not to mention newer 96L TLC.

And, is it reliable?

It uses the SMI SM2263, which is also used on Intel's 660p and 665p plus Crucial's P1. Flash is 96L Micron which is used on a few drives (more all the time). Micron DRAM (labeled Kingston). These are the primary components for any SSD and all are used and made by major memory companies. From my own post on reddit. What's to be unreliable?

With the Kingston A400, for example, it was unreliable for using the Phison S11 plus at first 2D/planar TLC. Their one SATA SSD, HyperX Fury RGB, overheated since they had too many LEDs in it. They bait-and-switched on the V300 with inferior flash. There are reasons their other drives have a bad reputation. Comparing it negatively to the 660p is strange since they use the same controller, flash basis (IMFT = Intel/Micron), DRAM, except the A2000 has newer TLC vs. older QLC. There ARE differences with the flash I could drone on about but even with all advantages the TLC is going to be more "reliable."