ASUS FX505DV Gaming laptop BSOD

When using the notebook with the original software (factory settings / drivers etc.) it was working fine until there was a windows update and this caused a BSOD with the error message 'Thread Stuck in driver' this caused a boot loop and the Windows recovery tools wouldn't work even when trying to factory reset it just kept on creating new partitions on top of the old ones and the old OS was still there. Due to this I had to download the ISO from microsoft and reinstall a completely fresh version of Windows. The BSOD is still happening when trying to install the AMD chipset drivers from the ASUS website. I have also made sure to use the AMD Driver removal utlity tool beforehand and also tried installing drivers directly from the AMD website. Both versions of the AMD driver on the ASUS website are causing the BSOD and will then cause a black screen when it boots back up which I then need to go into safe mode and roll back the driver. it works with the driver set at the default 'Microsoft display adapter' but when drivers are installed and it shows as 'Radeon vega graphics' in device manager this is when the issues are caused. BIOS has been updated to the latest version.
Windows update has been completed and is up to date before attempting to install the drivers. Have also tested this on an older version of windows 10 build 1809.

Does anyone have this same laptop and could show the drivers they have installed? or is there anything else i can try? I would like to avoid sending this to Asus as much as possible.

• OS - Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista ? WINDOWS 10
  • x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64 BIT
  • What OS was originaly installed on the system? WINDOWS 10 64BIT
  • Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from a retailer)? Originally had OEM version but due to issues had to install my own.
  • Age of system (hardware) - not sure bought in November 2019
  • Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? Re-installed OS yesterday
  • CPU model - Ryzen 7 3750H with Radeon RX Vega 10 Graphics
  • Video Card model - Has RTX 2060 Dedicated GPU
  • MotherBoard - (if NOT a laptop)
  • Power Supply - brand & wattage (if laptop, skip this)
  • System Manufacturer - ASUS
  • Exact model number (if OEM or laptop) - FX505DV
  • Laptop or Desktop? Laptop