Help! My RTX 2070 is still messed up! Need help Fast!

NikoWeav

Hi again,

I have an RTX 2070 and for some reason it is acting very whacky.  It works fine in games that require a lot of performance, but lags in minecraft?? I was on max setting with 20 render disance in MC and i got 80 fps.  The same thing happens with valorant sometimes, and used to happen with fortnite.  I have replaced the GPU before, but nothing changed, I have reinstalled the drivers but nothing was fixed.  The gpu is not at 100% usage, and is not overheating.  Does anyone have any idea of what is going on here. (specs below)

Rtx 2070 gigabyte oc

msi gaming plus x470

16b ram

ryzen 7 2700

1tb hd

250gb ssd

750watt psu

nzxt s340

3 minutes ago, NikoWeav said:

Hi again,

I have an RTX 2070 and for some reason it is acting very whacky.  It works fine in games that require a lot of performance, but lags in minecraft?? I was on max setting with 20 render disance in MC and i got 80 fps.  The same thing happens with valorant sometimes, and used to happen with fortnite.  I have replaced the GPU before, but nothing changed, I have reinstalled the drivers but nothing was fixed.  The gpu is not at 100% usage, and is not overheating.  Does anyone have any idea of what is going on here. (specs below)

Rtx 2070 gigabyte oc

msi gaming plus x470

16b ram

ryzen 7 2700

1tb hd

250gb ssd

750watt psu

nzxt s340

What res are you playing on, and do you have a bunch of high end texture packs enabled? Also, send screenshots of benchmarks to make sure that you are getting performance typical of a 2070

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 13t, i7 8565u with 16 gigs, 512 gig  nvme ssd, UHD 620 4k

Other laptop: Acer Chromebook cb3 431 with 4 gigs, celeron n3060 with hd 400 and 16 gigs eMMC soon to be a minecraft server?

Remeber to tag people or else they wont see your post.

Just now, ItzCopiouz said:

What res are you playing on, and do you have a bunch of high end texture packs enabled? Also, send screenshots of benchmarks to make sure that you are getting performance typical of a 2070

Hi, thanks for respondsing

I am playing on 1440p, but I dont think minecraft is that graphics instensive, i only have 16x16 texturepack as well.  I did a userbenchmark, (I know it frowned upon) and I got a 0th percentile for performance.

4 minutes ago, NikoWeav said:

Hi, thanks for respondsing

I am playing on 1440p, but I dont think minecraft is that graphics instensive, i only have 16x16 texturepack as well.  I did a userbenchmark, (I know it frowned upon) and I got a 0th percentile for performance.

A 0th percentile?! You said that other games run just fine, yet you aren't getting good performance on MC or Userbenchmark. Do you have the latest drivers, and did you mess with any settings in afterburner type software or the BIOS?

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 13t, i7 8565u with 16 gigs, 512 gig  nvme ssd, UHD 620 4k

Other laptop: Acer Chromebook cb3 431 with 4 gigs, celeron n3060 with hd 400 and 16 gigs eMMC soon to be a minecraft server?

Remeber to tag people or else they wont see your post.

Just now, ItzCopiouz said:

A 0th percentile?! You said that other games run just fine, yet you aren't getting good performance on MC or Userbenchmark. Do you have the latest drivers, and did you mess with any settings in afterburner type software or the BIOS?

I have the lastest drivers and nothing has been OCed or messed with

What sort of cooler do you have for your CPU?

And how much RAM do you have dedicated?

If I remember correctly, mc has always been a more CPU and RAM intensive game rather than a GPU hog.

Just now, KhakiHat said:

What sort of cooler do you have for your CPU?

And how much RAM do you have dedicated?

If I remember correctly, mc has always been a more CPU and RAM intensive game rather than a GPU hog.

I know, but for some reason my cpu is at 25% and ram is at 60%

Just now, NikoWeav said:

I know, but for some reason my cpu is at 25% and ram is at 60%

Are you able to check the thermals of your CPU?

Your RAM wouldn't use a ton of usage because by default mc is only dedicated with 2GB.