What would you look for in a Desk PC/Wallmounted PC

Yogziee

Hey so, this is my first post so it may be a bit rough in places but regardless, i'm an A level Materials & Technology student in the UK building a computer case for my A level, the two ideas i
have are, wall mounted or a desk pc.

Something i need for this project is a clients opinion, my client is actually myself however im not the brightest lad
and could use other opinions from people who are also into computers, how they work etc

I would really appreciate any opinion you may have, whether or not i should do the Desk PC or the Wall mounted one,
as well as your opinion on the one you prefer, when i say opinion though,
i mean like what would you want from it (the qualities it needs like, good cable management routes etc etc) in order for it to be good or in order for it to be an option for your own computer.

Thanks for reading i hope i hear from you all soon :)

4 minutes ago, Yogziee said:

Hey so, this is my first post so it may be a bit rough in places but regardless, i'm an A level student in the UK building a computer case, the two ideas i
have are, wall mounted or a desk pc.

Something i need for this project is a clients opinion, my client is actually myself however im not the brightest lad
and could use other opinions from people who are also into computers, how they work etc

I would really appreciate any opinion you may have, whether or not i should do the Desk PC or the Wall mounted one,
as well as your opinion on the one you prefer, when i say opinion though,
i mean like what would you want from it (the qualities it needs like, good cable management routes etc etc) in order for it to be good or in order for it to be an option for your own computer.

Thanks for reading i hope i hear from you all soon :)

My opinion I would go for a desk pc just because it's alot more standard that a wall mounted one and if you want to get a desk that is ready for a build Lian Li and many other companies have good quality desks with standardish layouts and you won't need any modding interms of cables etc

But It is just my opinion after all ;)

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

My opinion I would go for a desk pc just because it's alot more standard that a wall mounted one and if you want to get a desk that is ready for a build Lian Li and many other companies have good quality desks with standardish layouts and you won't need any modding interms of cables etc

But It is just my opinion after all ;)

Ah yes i have seen Lian Li's desk Pc's When doing research about the project, unfortunately it wont go too well if i show up after lockdown with a Lian Li case rather than one i built, I have just edited the post as it was a little lost in translation that its a school project but thanks if i wasn't forced into building it it would be a huge help :) 

I would be in favor of a desk PC as I don't really see a need to have a wall mounted PC.

However, after recently building a PC there are a few factors that I will only accept in cases going forward (not in any particular order):

1. Cable Management and intelligent routes for said cable management - you can have a Motherboard that doesn't really fit the case holes for routing causing cable management run issues.

2. PSU shroud

3. Fan Placement options

4. Airflow (like mesh panels or other options to keep the internals cool)

5. (optional) high quality fans or no fans.   I have 3 fans from my current PC that I put in a drawer because they aren't very good.

6. (optional) Colors other than Black or White (with black interior).   Too few cases provide a color associated build

Just my thoughts, I hope this i what you are looking for.