External Cable Management - anything I need to know?

Dravinian

Like a lot of people I am working from home.

I have power cables for two monitors, two laptops, a desktop PC.  HDMI/DisplayPort cables running between all of them to the screens.  Two ethernet cables running.  Speaker power cables and speaker audio cables, along with cables running from Desktop/Laptop to the speakers.

As you can see, this is a lot of cables, and I want to manage them a bit better.  I have some sleeves and some tweezers.

Should the ethernet not be zip tied to the power? Should the sound cables be separated away from the others? Is interferance a thing that I should be worried about? Is over heating a thing I should be worried about? (the power brick on the LG screen is quite toasty)

Is there a convential wisdom surrounding cable bundling that I should know about?  Anyone got any advice on this, I haven't really seen anything spoken about it anywhere previously.

3 minutes ago, Dravinian said:

Like a lot of people I am working from home.

I have power cables for two monitors, two laptops, a desktop PC.  HDMI/DisplayPort cables running between all of them to the screens.  Two ethernet cables running.  Speaker power cables and speaker audio cables, along with cables running from Desktop/Laptop to the speakers.

As you can see, this is a lot of cables, and I want to manage them a bit better.  I have some sleeves and some tweezers.

Should the ethernet not be zip tied to the power? Should the sound cables be separated away from the others? Is interferance a thing that I should be worried about? Is over heating a thing I should be worried about? (the power brick on the LG screen is quite toasty)

Is there a convential wisdom surrounding cable bundling that I should know about?  Anyone got any advice on this, I haven't really seen anything spoken about it anywhere previously.

todays cables have proper shielding to defend against interference so it doesn't matter

Just avoid tight kinks and such. Like said, modern cables have good shielding for interference and they have always really proper rubber/plastic housing to avoid any melting.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv