Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help my New GPU is not working

Bobotie1
 Share

I tried upgrading an dell Inspiron 580 with an Gtx 760, but it won’t boot!

the psu is upgraded to an VS 650 and tested/functioning.

its not an compatibility problem. On the dell forums there are people who have pulled this off, and there are benchmarks on userbenchmarks.com with this system.
the GTX 760 is confirmed working on another system as well 

i used DDU to uninstall old drivers (HD 5450)

i then removed the 5450 and installed the 760.

i turn it on, the Mobo and gpu led are burning, my mouse and KB light up, but nothing happens!

i then hear 6 beeps, which repeat after some time.

help what can I do?

 

edit: after resetting the CMOS with battery method, it doesn’t beep, but turns on, and turns off after 10 secs or so.

then it turns on and this loop keeps going.

Edited by Bobotie1
Stuff happened
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bobotie1 said:

I tried upgrading an dell Inspiron 580 with an Gtx 760, but it won’t boot!

the psu is upgraded to an VS 650 and tested/functioning.

its not an compatibility problem. On the dell forums there are people who have pulled this off, and there are benchmarks on userbenchmarks.com with this system.
the GTX 760 is confirmed working on another system as well 

i used DDU to uninstall old drivers (HD 5450)

i then removed the 5450 and installed the 760.

i turn it on, the Mobo and gpu led are burning, my mouse and KB light up, but nothing happens!

i then hear 6 beeps, which repeat after some time.

help what can I do?

have you tried updating the bios? 

side and unrelated note, you were using a 5450? worst card ever produced am i right

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, just that pc guy said:

have you tried updating the bios? 

side and unrelated note, you were using a 5450? worst card ever produced am i right

Bios is latest version, 2009.

I used the passive cooled one as well lol it’s fucking terrible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bobotie1 said:

Bios is latest version, 2009.

I used the passive cooled one as well lol it’s fucking terrible.

try unplugging the vid card, unplugging the machine, unplugg the cmos battery and drain the power from the board, plug everything back in after that boot it up and see if it works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, just that pc guy said:

try unplugging the vid card, unplugging the machine, unplugg the cmos battery and drain the power from the board, plug everything back in after that boot it up and see if it works.

already done it, see edit off first post, doesn’t work :( 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Bobotie1 said:

already done it, see edit off first post, doesn’t work :( 

does the radeon still work when you plug it in?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Bobotie1 said:

It does.

 

btw: really appreciate your help!

i think you should try starting it up again with the radeon card, this time dont use ddu, look into the uninstall program list and look for the drivers, thats what i did on my optiplex 780 before i installed my 1650 and it worked

also NP as a fellow dell user i have experience with troubleshooting with these old machines

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, just that pc guy said:

i think you should try starting it up again with the radeon card, this time dont use ddu, look into the uninstall program list and look for the drivers, thats what i did on my optiplex 780 before i installed my 1650 and it worked

also NP as a fellow dell user i have experience with troubleshooting with these old machines

You mean in device manager? Or programs and files at control center?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bobotie1 said:

You mean in device manager? Or programs and files at control center?

through control pannel, open that op and go to the uninstall a program shortcut, scroll down till you see your drivers because i bet they are still there

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, just that pc guy said:

through control pannel, open that op and go to the uninstall a program shortcut, scroll down till you see your drivers because i bet they are still there

 

Not there, but after more searching, i found a new BIOS update, how do I update a bios? I already downloaded the .exe file, but when opening, it shows something like bios... and update/quit, it loads then disappears.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Bobotie1 said:

Not there, but after more searching, i found a new BIOS update, how do I update a bios? I already downloaded the .exe file, but when opening, it shows something like bios... and update/quit, it loads then disappears.

usually you let the update download then you restart your pc or it does it for you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, just that pc guy said:

usually you let the update download then you restart your pc or it does it for you

Restarted, nothing seemed to change, bios and post didn’t take longer than normal, I guess it didn’t work? I read on the internet to put it on a usb, then boot from the usb, is that what I should do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gtg, will try more things tommorow thanks for the help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bobotie1 said:

Restarted, nothing seemed to change, bios and post didn’t take longer than normal, I guess it didn’t work? I read on the internet to put it on a usb, then boot from the usb, is that what I should do?

oh yeah, some motherboards make you put the bios on a usb drive, plug it into your pc, go into the bios, and update from there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×