Hello,

Im looking to upgrade my venerable LGA 1155 system to one of these fancy new B450/Ryzen setups Ive been hearing so much about, but Im wondering which of my old components will be compatable with the new motherboard and processor. Ive got a budget of £200 for the upgrades but am not familiar with AMD products at all so some help choosing upgrade options would be extremely welcomed. I do some gaming (MB II: Bannerlord ftw), but primarily Im focused on 3D modelling and sculpting very high poly models, of which my current setup seems to be proper struggling with. 

Heres my current setup

CPU
    Intel Core i5 3570 @ 3.40GHz    34 °C
    Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z68X-UD3P-B3 (Socket 1155)    40 °C
Graphics
    HQ272PPB (2560x1440@59Hz)
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (NVIDIA

19 minutes ago, TsunamiOne said:

Hello,

Im looking to upgrade my venerable LGA 1155 system to one of these fancy new B450/Ryzen setups Ive been hearing so much about, but Im wondering which of my old components will be compatable with the new motherboard and processor. Ive got a budget of £200 for the upgrades but am not familiar with AMD products at all so some help choosing upgrade options would be extremely welcomed. I do some gaming (MB II: Bannerlord ftw), but primarily Im focused on 3D modelling and sculpting very high poly models, of which my current setup seems to be proper struggling with. 

Heres my current setup

CPU
    Intel Core i5 3570 @ 3.40GHz    34 °C
    Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z68X-UD3P-B3 (Socket 1155)    40 °C
Graphics
    HQ272PPB (2560x1440@59Hz)
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (NVIDIA

The CPU RAM and Mobo is what needs to be switched out ram is DDR3 modern standard is DDR4 and CPU and mobo is self-explanatory

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help