is DRAM cache worth it for SSD? (discussion)

e22big

I am sure this topic had been beaten to death many times over, however, I also want to hear your opinion wether you think the DRAM cache really worth it for the average consumer. When looking at pure spec, a DRAM-less SSD still have similar random read speed as a DRAM one and given how most people buy SSD just to play game - that should be all you need to decrease the load time is it not? 

I have been very curious about this topic myself so I go ahead and buy one of the cheapest possible Chinese SSD I can find and test it for months up to these days and you know what? Game-wise I have never notice any different between load time compare to my RAM-cache WD Black with read speed over five times of that random DRAM-less SSD I bought (sure, it load a few seconds faster but unless you are counting there's no way anyone will notice it)

So for people who insisted that it's better to buy a DRAM SSD, what are your reasons and use case? I don't exactly need a concrete answer but just want to kick off a discussion and hope that we can all learn something new at the end of the day. 

*I have run this experiment for a while and now it has been years since I first use that cheapo SSD and it still kicking to this day with no issue.