Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Connecting PC to Sony Bravia TV gives to big screen

Kanna

I have tried messing with the Nvidia control panel still no good results images can be provided, what I mean in the title is the icons are out of bounds or what you call it's to big scaling

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Is your TV set to "zoom"?   What output resolution are you using on the TV?

I connected my PC to a Sony Bravia TV, made sure my resolution was 1920x1080 (i think that was it) and everything looks fine.

Just now, PyroTheWise said:

I connected my PC to a Sony Bravia TV, made sure my resolution was 1920x1080 (i think that was it) and everything looks fine.

It is set to wide if I set to zoom it is impossible to see the desktop icons, I'm using 1920x1080

1 minute ago, handymanshandle said:

Does your graphics card allow for overscan adjusting? 

Or, better yet, does your TV have any sort of options that allows the full image to show?

I have a GTX 1060 it has some overscan option it does not seem to affect the TV, the TV has only options on a button on the remote and those are presets

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Sony, as far as I remember, have settings to disable overscan/underscan and set 1:1 pixels without resizing. Everything you need is in your TV. It's TV, not computer, so it have no lot of options, but only few. Check them. It should take about 5 minutes.

2 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Sony, as far as I remember, have settings to disable overscan/underscan and set 1:1 pixels without resizing. Everything you need is in your TV. It's TV, not computer, so it have no lot of options, but only few. Check them. It should take about 5 minutes.

I have checked display settings on the TV its super bare bones

Reminder⚠️

15 minutes ago, Kanna said:
17 minutes ago, PyroTheWise said:

It is set to wide if I set to zoom it is impossible to see the desktop icons, I'm using 1920x1080

I do have my PC connected to a similar TV.   I do not use "big picture" or anything like that with the TV.  Just connected via HDMI and set the right resolution and the image was presented properly.

It really sounds like the TV is not recognizing the output format from the PC.   Does your PC recognize the "monitor" as a Sony TV?

1 minute ago, PyroTheWise said:

I do have my PC connected to a similar TV.   I do not use "big picture" or anything like that with the TV.  Just connected via HDMI and set the right resolution and the image was presented properly.

It really sounds like the TV is not recognizing the output format from the PC.   Does your PC recognize the "monitor" as a Sony TV?

Yes, it does 

yes.PNG

Reminder⚠️

2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Yes, it does 

yes.PNG

Sorry, but all I can see from that image is the words SONY TV and a generic image of a TV.   Was it supposed to be  a picture of your current TV and how the image looks?

1 minute ago, PyroTheWise said:

Sorry, but all I can see from that image is the words SONY TV and a generic image of a TV.   Was it supposed to be  a picture of your current TV and how the image looks?

that was supposed to show that it says SONY TV in Nvidia Control Panel

Reminder⚠️

2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

that was supposed to show that it says SONY TV in Nvidia Control Panel

I meant at the Windows 10 control panel itself.   I don't really use Nvidia control panel for much.   I setup up everything in the standard Windows 10 controls

Sorry but I am at work right now and not able to review my settings directly - going from memory.

45 minutes ago, PyroTheWise said:

I meant at the Windows 10 control panel itself.   I don't really use Nvidia control panel for much.   I setup up everything in the standard Windows 10 controls

Sorry but I am at work right now and not able to review my settings directly - going from memory.

When do you think you are home? If you could check settings then

Reminder⚠️

2 minutes ago, PyroTheWise said:

What would you like for me to review?  On my PC and/or TV.

Both and also i can provide screenshot of my TV

Reminder⚠️

I will see if I can get some time during my lunch break to review the settings.   I didn't change much on my TV but I will review to make sure my memory is correct.

43 minutes ago, PyroTheWise said:

I will see if I can get some time during my lunch break to review the settings.   I didn't change much on my TV but I will review to make sure my memory is correct.

sure

Reminder⚠️

4 hours ago, PyroTheWise said:

Not to stress you but I really would like to know when you have time to answer with the settings :) 

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Kanna said:

Not to stress you but I really would like to know when you have time to answer with the settings :) 

I understand but unfortunately I have been in meetings all day so far and haven't had the time to get to my PC/TV setup.  Sorry but work will come first, but as soon as I can, I will check it out.  Hopefully if all goes well at work, I can get my first break in about 20-25 minutes.

Just now, PyroTheWise said:

I understand but unfortunately I have been in meetings all day so far and haven't had the time to get to my PC/TV setup.  Sorry but work will come first, but as soon as I can, I will check it out.  Hopefully if all goes well at work, I can get my first break in about 20-25 minutes.

Oh, sorry for the hassle did not know that you had been in meetings I have patience to wait :) 

Reminder⚠️

okay, I am finally on my gaming PC in front of my TV.

I don't see any specific settings on my TV except turning on Gaming Mode.

The PC has the following setup - Control Panel Display settings:

image.png.3484b223cb129806815174f0cf4e777a.png

okay, I am finally on my gaming PC in front of my TV.

I don't see any specific settings on my TV except turning on Gaming Mode.

The PC has the following setup - Control Panel Display settings:

image.png.3484b223cb129806815174f0cf4e777a.png

I'm going to try those 

Reminder⚠️

Let me know if you want me to provide any other configuration settings and I will get the details for you.

You need to find how to disable overscan for your TV model, sometimes googling just that just works.

Can be super awkward and non intuitive stuff, like having to set a custom name for the input like Samsung does (which nobody knows is even a thing you can do in the first place), once you change the input name from the default "HDMIx" to "PC" it magically disables overscan.

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX3080, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

GPD Win 2

Let me know if you want me to provide any other configuration settings and I will get the details for you.

Using those settings rn it got worse 20200513_211356.jpg

Reminder⚠️