Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GTX 1660 Ti vs GTX 1660 Super vs RTX 2060

Hi All

 

I wanted your opinion on upgrading my nearly 2 year old gaming PC in terms of graphics card and Monitor.
My current PC Spec:

  • Gigabyte H310M H motherboard
  • Corsair VS 450 PSU
  • i5-9400F - not overclocked
  • Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Dual Fan - not overclocked
  • 8x2 GB 2400 RAM
  • 500 GB Micron SSD for OS/Adobe CC Suite
  • 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Barracuda for game installation
  • Benq 24 inch GW2480 IPS display - (default 60 Hz overclocked to 87 Hz) 

I DO NOT play esports title such as CS:GO but mostly AAA or similar titles such as Doom Eternal. I use my PC for Adobe PS/Premier/After Effects from time to time as well. I am trying to upgrade to 1080p (High/Ultra) 60-144 fps system for all demanding titles such as Battlefield V for the next 2 years.  I have a budget of $350 for GPU and $300 for a new monitor (+/- $25).

 

  1. So, should I go for GTX 1660 Ti/GTX 1660 Super or directly to RTX 2060?
  2. Also, if anyone can suggest a good monitor with a decent color gamut and 144 Hz refresh rate. I had shortlisted - ASUS VG258QR but would like a second opinion as it has a TN panel.

 

[P.S I am not too much inclined towards ray-tracing for the time-being.] Thanks a lot !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Agent_99 said:

Hi All

 

I wanted your opinion on upgrading my 2 year old gaming PC in terms of graphics card and Monitor.
My current PC Spec:

  • Gigabyte H310M H motherboard
  • Corsair VS 450 PSU
  • i5-9400F - not overclocked
  • Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Dual Fan - not overclocked
  • 8x2 GB 2400 RAM
  • 500 GB Micron SSD for OS/Adobe CC Suite
  • 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Barracuda for game installation
  • Benq 24 inch GW2480 IPS display - (default 60 Hz overclocked to 87 Hz) 

I DO NOT play esports title such as CS:GO but mostly AAA or similar titles such as Doom Eternal. I use my PC for Adobe PS/Premier/After Effects from time to time as well. I am trying to upgrade to 1080p (High/Ultra) 60-144 fps system for all demanding titles such as Battlefield V for the next 2 years.  I have a budget of $350 for GPU and $300 for a new monitor (+/- $25).

 

  1. So, should I go for GTX 1660 Ti/GTX 1660 Super or directly to RTX 2060?
  2. Also, if anyone can suggest a good monitor with a decent color gamut and 144 Hz refresh rate. I had shortlisted - ASUS VG258QR but would like a second opinion as it has a TN panel.

 

[P.S I am not too much inclined towards ray-tracing for the time-being.] Thanks a lot !!

Honestly high to ultra for the 1660 super is pretty easy 

What's no lt easy is 1440 hz

Over all I'll tell you how they stack against each other so you can decide

 

The 1660super (around 230 dollars give or take ) it performance  basically the same as a 1660ti (it maybe is 2-3% slower ) but has that higher bandwidth memory buffer so it will be more future proof while being cheaper than the 1660ti 

 

The 1660ti (280ish give or take ) don't even consider it.

 

The 2060/super (around 300-350 give or take ) it performs the best obv and it has dlss and ray tracing (as you know ) 

Now all of these cards can handle 1440p but the 2060 can handle 1440p at a little bit of higher frames 

But I'll suggest something : the 5600xt 

For 280 dollars it is WAY cheaper than the 2060/super and performs pretty close to them so I recommend it over the 2060 unless you want to skip the driver issue with amd or you want dlss or something 

 

 

 

 

Now for monitor , are you willing to go VA because VA brings pretty good colors (not as good as ips but better than TN ) and it is cheap 

So would you go VA ?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

 

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

 

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

 

Build Log: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Id go for a 2060/2060 super

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Honestly high to ultra for the 1660 super is pretty easy 

What's no lt easy is 1440 hz

Over all I'll tell you how they stack against each other so you can decide

 

The 1660super (around 230 dollars give or take ) it performance  basically the same as a 1660ti (it maybe is 2-3% slower ) but has that higher bandwidth memory buffer so it will be more future proof while being cheaper than the 1660ti 

 

The 1660ti (280ish give or take ) don't even consider it.

 

The 2060/super (around 300-350 give or take ) it performs the best obv and it has dlss and ray tracing (as you know ) 

Now all of these cards can handle 1440p but the 2060 can handle 1440p at a little bit of higher frames 

But I'll suggest something : the 5600xt 

For 280 dollars it is WAY cheaper than the 2060/super and performs pretty close to them so I recommend it over the 2060 unless you want to skip the driver issue with amd or you want dlss or something 

 

 

 

 

Now for monitor , are you willing to go VA because VA brings pretty good colors (not as good as ips but better than TN ) and it is cheap 

So would you go VA ?

Yes I can go for VA but can u suggest a good 144 hz 24-ish monitor?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Agent_99 said:

Yes I can go for VA but can u suggest a good 144 hz 24-ish monitor?

I have seen this monitor a couple of times 

https://www.msi.com/Monitor/Optix-Mag241c

It's va with srgb coverage of over 100%

And 1ms with pretty good color reproduction at accurate colors and I think it's 1080p but if I recall correctly there is a 2560x1440p model of it so do make sure 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

 

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

 

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

 

Build Log: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, HardStroke said:

Id go for a 2060/2060 super

So, in India the prices are a bit on the higher side - 

RX 5600 XT - ~ $380

GTX 1660 Super - ~ $318

RTX 2060 - ~410

RTX 2060 Super - ~500

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

I have seen this monitor a couple of times 

https://www.msi.com/Monitor/Optix-Mag241c

It's va with srgb coverage of over 100%

And 1ms with pretty good color reproduction at accurate colors and I think it's 1080p but if I recall correctly there is a 2560x1440p model of it so do make sure 

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/24-aoc-c24g1-fhd-curved-monitor-1500r-va-1920x1080-144hz-1ms-amd-freesync-80m1-250cd-m-hdmi-dp-vga

this is similar and i've heard good things about it. although it ia 1080p

                                                     

                                               JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

                                                       

                                                                 have a look at the thread below if your interested:

 

 

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

 

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

 

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, edwardc0114 said:

Oh it's from AOC!

Yes this is probably good 

Either way both are good and it depends on what the OP goes with 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

 

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

 

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

 

Build Log: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Oh it's from AOC!

Yes this is probably good 

Either way both are good and it depends on what the OP goes with 

Wanted to quickly confirm if the AMD freesync will be fully compatible in case I go with GTX 1660 Super? or rather G-Sync is the way to go?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Agent_99 said:

Wanted to quickly confirm if the AMD freesync will be fully compatible in case I go with GTX 1660 Super? or rather G-Sync is the way to go?

A  freesync display will work with it 

But I'm not sure if free sync as a technology will work 

But don't quote me on that 😅

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

 

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

 

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

 

Build Log: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Oh it's from AOC!

Yes this is probably good 

Either way both are good and it depends on what the OP goes with 

yeah

                                                     

                                               JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

                                                       

                                                                 have a look at the thread below if your interested:

 

 

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

 

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

 

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×