My Keyboard Keys Swapped? (eg W to Arrow key) [FIXED]

GamerDaily

Hey! So, my keyboard is acting weird all the sudden..

I was playing a game and then suddenly I can't move in the game even though I was pressing W. Then I quited the game and checked that my W suddenly swapped with my up Arrow key.. Same with 2,3,4 keys swapped with my arrow keys. I can't play games or type like normal, I'm using my phone to post this. I think my other keys are fine, but the one I mentioned is broken.

So, anyone can figure what's happening? Please help...

Edited by GamerDaily
The problem is fixed!

Are you using some kind of blinkblink software?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

3 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Are you using some kind of blinkblink software?

What do you mean by that?

4 minutes ago, GamerDaily said:

What do you mean by that?

A Tool to change Lightning ect.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

9 minutes ago, GamerDaily said:

Hey! So, my keyboard is acting weird all the sudden..

I was playing a game and then suddenly I can't move in the game even though I was pressing W. Then I quited the game and checked that my W suddenly swapped with my up Arrow key.. Same with 2,3,4 keys swapped with my arrow keys. I can't play games or type like normal, I'm using my phone to post this. I think my other keys are fine, but the one I mentioned is broken.

So, anyone can figure what's happening? Please help...

What keyboard are you using? After a quick google it looks like people are saying the Fn and W key combination fixes the problem, but without knowing what keyboard you use there's no way to know if you even have a Fn key.

4 minutes ago, The_russian said:

What keyboard are you using? After a quick google it looks like people are saying the Fn and W key combination fixes the problem, but without knowing what keyboard you use there's no way to know if you even have a Fn key.

Well, I'm using a mechanical keyboard from a local reputable brand from my country. It's called Digital Alliance Meca G TKL. And yes it does have a Fn key.

7 minutes ago, Praesi said:

A Tool to change Lightning ect.

I use the my keyboard brand's own software to change lighting, macro, ect.

1 minute ago, GamerDaily said:

I use the my keyboard brand's own software to change lighting, macro, ect.

Check the settings there. Since those tools can cause unecessary problems, i stopped installing them. Macros work without them anyway.

6 minutes ago, GamerDaily said:

Well, I'm using a mechanical keyboard from a local reputable brand from my country. It's called Digital Alliance Meca G TKL. And yes it does have a Fn key.

Take a look at the manual for the keyboard to see what key combination changes it. I've seen a few mentioned online, including "Fn and W" and "Fn and left windows key". I would look at the manual myself, but for some reason that I can not think of, when you try to download it from their website it is a .exe, and I'm not about to download and open a .exe from a company I've never heard of.

4 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Check the settings there. Since those tools can cause unecessary problems, i stopped installing them. Macros work without them anyway.

Well good news, I followed The_russian advice and it worked! Fn + W was all it needed. But anyways, thank you for helping me.

2 minutes ago, GamerDaily said:

Well good news, I followed The_russian advice and it worked! Fn + W was all it needed. But anyways, thank you for helping me.

Time to go fragging again than. Good luck.

Just now, The_russian said:

Take a look at the manual for the keyboard to see what key combination changes it. I've seen a few mentioned online, including "Fn and W" and "Fn and left windows key". I would look at the manual myself, but for some reason that I can not think of, when you try to download it from their website it is a .exe, and I'm not about to download and open a .exe from a company I've never heard of.

That brand is well-known here atleast where I'm from. But yeah, the manual didn't say anything about FN + W. Well, I just did what you just said (Fn + W) and the keyboard seems to work fine now, thanks alot for the help. I can finally rest now after an hour of troubleshooting. (I even updated windows lol)

1 minute ago, GamerDaily said:

That brand is well-known here atleast where I'm from. But yeah, the manual didn't say anything about FN + W. Well, I just did what you just said (Fn + W) and the keyboard seems to work fine now, thanks alot for the help. I can finally rest now after an hour of troubleshooting. (I even updated windows lol)

You're welcome, glad to hear that fixed it. 

Just now, The_russian said:

You're welcome, glad to hear that fixed it. 

Yeah, thank you once again for the help! :)