Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to find a Nintendo Switch?

Statik

Hey guys, so I'm trying to pick up a Switch to surprise my SO coming up, but I'm having a hell of a time finding one. As I'm sure everyone knows, they're sold out everywhere, and going online for up to and over $600CAD. Anyways, is there anything I can do to get one? Or know when they're re-stocked, etc, etc? Or has anyone had like finding one somewhere/somehow? Thanks for any help!

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Your SO will be disappointed to know that you just burnt money getting one of the most heavily flipped/gouged product you can get at this time

How about attending to needs instead of wants

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

9 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Your SO will be disappointed to know that you just burnt money getting one of the most heavily flipped/gouged product you can get at this time

How about attending to needs instead of wants

What are you getting at? I'm not buying a gouged model, that's why I was just asking if there's anything I can do here... And I have my life taken care of, I don't need my priorities told to me by someone else./

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

9 hours ago, NZgamer said:

Is a lite OK?

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Nintendo-Switch-Lite---Grey/0F600D6F.html

There's some in stock at their Nanaimo store and it says they'll do free shipping if you spend over $35.

It's unfortunately the Lite, and I was hoping for the regular. I'll just keep an eye out. Thanks.

Gaming Build:

Peripherals:

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

8 minutes ago, Statik said:

And I have my life taken care of, I don't need my priorities told to me by someone else./

Rightfully so

I have fulfilled my purpose here

Wish you the best of luck

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

Your best bet is to skip online shopping and try brick and mortar outlets.  Unless you can beat the bots a lot of scalpers have running right now...  Good luck, and I hope you find a standard switch. 

1 hour ago, Monte_Carlo said:

Your best bet is to skip online shopping and try brick and mortar outlets.  Unless you can beat the bots a lot of scalpers have running right now...  Good luck, and I hope you find a standard switch. 

Yeah I think the mall might actually be opening up in my area soon, so I might hit up EB Games and such. Thanks!

Gaming Build:

Peripherals:

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

28 minutes ago, Statik said:

Yeah I think the mall might actually be opening up in my area soon, so I might hit up EB Games and such. Thanks!

The Lite isn't too bad really you just can't connect it to the TV. Think I play mine most in handheld anyway. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

EB games will likely have stock, and rumours are they may soft open tomorrow afternoon.  Call your local store.