I think I made an oopsie

I bought an msi b450m -a pro max and I am going to put a ryzen 2600 in it will everything be ok or do I desperately need to return it

Any second gen ryzen processor will work with any B450 motherboard

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Funnysubject said:

I bought an msi b450m -a pro max and I am going to put a ryzen 2600 in it will everything be ok or do I desperately need to return it

It should be fine. It's a Ryzen board and Max means it's 3000+ ready. The non-max version would require a bios update but will run a 2600 out of the box.

1 minute ago, Aree Soothsayer said:

It should be fine. It's a Ryzen board and Max means it's 3000+ ready. The non-max version would require a bios update but will run a 2600 out of the box.

Yeah but will the 2600 be able to reach full potential or will it be limited in some way

1 minute ago, Aree Soothsayer said:

I know if should work but I don't know how limited it may be mainly due to it only having a 4 pin for CPU power

Just now, Funnysubject said:

Yeah but will the 2600 be able to reach full potential or will it be limited in some way

🤣

The board will run a 3600.. Your 2600 won't reach that high. I'd be more worried about your Video card throttling your performance more than your mobo. That or your ram.

Just now, Aree Soothsayer said:

🤣

The board will run a 3600.. Your 2600 won't reach that high. I'd be more worried about your Video card throttling your performance more than your mobo. That or your ram.

Ok that is good to hear I think that I'm just overthinking my first of build

2 minutes ago, Funnysubject said:

I know if should work but I don't know how limited it may be mainly due to it only having a 4 pin for CPU power

It's fine to over think. If you're worried about power just check the specs. The AM4 uses less w than AM3. Your new one will be 65w TDR and go up to about 90w with out of the box boosting.

7 minutes ago, Funnysubject said:

The weak VRM of that motherboard will lead to some power throttling when in demanding CPU tasks. Not sure what your budget is or what country you're in so I can't really make a good recommendation.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

The weak VRM of that motherboard will lead to some power throttling when in demanding CPU tasks. Not sure what your budget is or what country you're in so I can't really make a good recommendation.

It's a Tier C rating, just barely sure, so it should handle a 2600 just fine. Depending on how much airflow his tower has.

18 hours ago, Aree Soothsayer said:

It's a Tier C rating, just barely sure, so it should handle a 2600 just fine. Depending on how much airflow his tower has.

Thanks for the help.

This forum is cool

18 hours ago, Aree Soothsayer said:

I think you think that I have the b450 pro max I actually have the b450m pro max which I believe may be an f tier