Do you have brand preferences?

Chiyawa

Toshiba for hard drives, Logitech for mice, Crucial for SSDs and Noctua for cooling.

2 hours ago, Mihle said:

Aka "blacklist" includes Gigabyte for GPUs.

That's interesting, WindForce GPUs have done me well.

What has your specific experience been?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

3 hours ago, straight_stewie said:

That's interesting, WindForce GPUs have done me well.

What has your specific experience been?

Mine developed coil wine, thats basically why.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

8 hours ago, XR6 said:

Toshiba for hard drives, Logitech for mice, Crucial for SSDs and Noctua for cooling.

Toshiba seems to produce quite good HDD, but I'm not sure why it is not very popular.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

8 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I'd say the only brands I am totally loyal to (computer related brands, anyway) are Dell for monitors (all three of mine still going strong after being used nearly every day for eleven years), Logitech for mice, WD for hard drives, and Fractal Design for cases.

I see. Dell monitors seems quite popular.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

For audio stuff, I'm really heavily leaning into McIntosh and Chord stuff lately. Guess it is heavily due to how McIntosh stuff is "voiced" (how it sounds essentially)

In term's of PC components, not much brand preference. Really happy with my current build though.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

3 hours ago, Chiyawa said:

Toshiba seems to produce quite good HDD, but I'm not sure why it is not very popular.

I don't know why they're unpopular, I think they're underrated. They're the only brand of HDDs that haven't failed on me yet and I've had loads of them. Some of my Toshiba drives are from 2011/2012, others are almost brand new. They all work fine. WD and Seagate drives have been quite unreliable from my experiences, especially newer ones. 

Honestly I personally don't have "brand preferences", or at least I try to be very skeptical with every new product from every brand, after all it's helpful to be critical, while being a "fanboy" does not really help the market and further development of products.

That said, below is a list of brands we are most satisfied to work with at the moment. This does not mean nor that every product from them is perfect neither that other brand have only bad products, but rather that these brands below provide some very good quality products, they have a rather consistent, not-too-complex lineup of products and they normally have a decent/good customer service.

ASUS (Motherboards, Graphics Card, Network Cards)

be Quiet! (Cases, PSU, Fans, Cooling)

Corsair (PSU, Memory)

EKWB (Water Cooling)

Fractal Design (Cases)

G-Skill (Memory)

Logitech (Peripherals)

Noctua (Fans, Cooling)

NZXT (Cases, Cooling)

Samsung (Storage)

Seagate (Storage)

There are ofc exceptions like other brands that have one specific product that we use quite often (e.g. Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic).

5 hours ago, Derkoli said:

For audio stuff, I'm really heavily leaning into McIntosh and Chord stuff lately.

Hmm... I haven't heard of those brands actually. What I know is Yamaha. I guess these are more on professional audio rather than for consumers.

24 minutes ago, Mamonos said:

Honestly I personally don't have "brand preferences", or at least I try to be very skeptical with every new product from every brand, after all it's helpful to be critical, while being a "fanboy" does not really help the market and further development of products.

I agree. Brand preference actually helps the competitions as well, the competing companies will try to figure what the other companies did right and try to be better. I guess they are good in both ways, whether you are a fanboy or just a sceptical consumers.