Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do you have brand preferences?

Chiyawa

So, I was just wondering, do you all have any brand preference for a particular type of product? What I mean is that if there are choices to choose, you would likely to choose a brand over other brands?

For me, my prefer monitor brand would be LG, even though AOC and ViewSonic offers something similar with a cheaper price (Well, in PC PartPicker anyway). I like LG monitors because I found their product is good with premium looks.

So, what are yours, and for what reason? Feel free to comments.

Regards,

Chiyawa

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

G.Skill for ram

Samsung for ssd

Western Digital for hdd

Corsair or Noctua for cooling

Logitech for peripherals

Samsung or LG for displays

I'm pretty biased mostly because when something works, I just like to stick to it - even if it means paying a bit more for it.

EDIT:

Asus for motherboards

Seasonic for psu's

Anker for cables and chargers

4 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

G.Skill for ram

Samsung for ssd

Western Digital for hdd

Logitech for peripherals

I'm pretty biased mostly because when something works, I just like to stick to it - even if it means paying a bit more for it.

Yeah, I think I need to switch my prefer brand from Kingston to GSkill when comes to RAM. Kingston did a good job on their ValueRAM last time, but now, even their ValueRAM is not that appealing with the price they set for the market.

Nice selection brands you have there.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

3 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

G.Skill for ram

Samsung for ssd

Western Digital for hdd

Logitech for peripherals

Interesting, my answer would be the same for every single one other than corsair for coolers. To add to it, I have had a very good experience with Anker products, particularly their cables and chargers. With that being said, you shouldn't buy something based on just the fact that it is made by a certain company, every company is going to make good products and bad products, you should look at reviews of whatever you are looking at. 

LTTStore.com

Spoiler

Hm. Mixed feelings about brands. One, I judge mainstream names or brands with hyped-up fanbois with a very suspicious eye. Two, there's only a limited number of tech products I have hands-on experience with, so I don't feel totally confident with sweeping statements like, "Yes, so-and-so's line up of products in this category is definitely trustworthy." Just my two cents. 🤷‍♂️

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

Brand preference, fanboyism, whatever you call it. I like to think that I'm relatively neutral :3

:)

2 minutes ago, Eschew said:

LTTStore.com

Hide contents

Hm. Mixed feelings about brands. One, I judge mainstream names or brands with hyped-up fanbois with a very suspicious eye. Two, there's only a limited number of tech products I have hands-on experience with, so I don't feel totally confident with sweeping statements like, "Yes, so-and-so's line up of products in this category is definitely trustworthy." Just my two cents. 🤷‍♂️

Oh ho ho. LTTstore.com. Well, I would like to get some stuff, but I felt their price is a bit on the premium side.

I see. Thanks for the comment.

7 minutes ago, The_russian said:

Interesting, my answer would be the same for every single one other than corsair for coolers. To add to it, I have had a very good experience with Anker products, particularly their cables and chargers. With that being said, you shouldn't buy something based on just the fact that it is made by a certain company, every company is going to make good products and bad products, you should look at reviews of whatever you are looking at. 

Indeed. That's why rather than looking at company's claim, I usually look around for other people's thought. However, sometimes, what other people thought 'ideal' for them might not reflect to yours, so it's really depends on you.

5 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Brand preference, fanboyism, whatever you call it. I like to think that I'm relatively neutral :3

Hmm... Well, I'm not into fanboyism category, to say. I mean, I like LG displays, but I still think ViewSonic is pretty competitive. My office uses ViewSonic monitor and it looks good. I prefer LG because it looks premium, at least for me.

I have none for any PC parts.

Samsung is the only company I'll use form recording SSDs on cameras give that they don't make shitty drives that lose most of their speed as they fill up

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 2.0: R7 2700 @4.0ghz, B450m Steel Legends, H105, 4x8gb Geil EVO 2866, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 250, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review      Buy my old RX 580

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, rokinon 25 T1.5, Helios44-m, Sony FS700R, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Motherboards - Asus

GPUs - MSI

RAM - Corsair/Kingston

Coolers - Noctua

Storage - Samsung

I used to think EVGA were the best for GPU's since people always recommended them but have not been happy with them. They perform but the noise was never acceptable imo.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

24 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

I do have one brand loyalty from now on though... Nokia. I have a 3.1 that costed 200 NZD. Build quality is great for the price, the sides are metal, on a $200 phone! The battery lasts like 2.5 days. It feels premium. My next phone will definitley be a Nokia.

Yeah. Nokia was my favourite, and I really like my Nokia Lumia 525. Still going strong for a 6 years old phone. Too ad I can't find the back cover replacement, because my button disintegrated. Otherwise, that phone is so good.

I shouldn't, but I do. This is going to get me roasted, but:

I still prefer Intel processors to AMD, but that's partially because I don't consider immediate value in my build planning (I build my daily drivers to last in the 7-10 year range without any upgrades and assuming no component failures), and partially because I just like Intel.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

Mobile Devices: Apple

Laptops: Apple

CPUs: AMD

Mobos: ASRock

RAM: none

GPUs: Sapphire

SSDs: none

PSUs: Corsair

Monitors: Dell

Keyboards/mice: Logitech

Headphones: Audio Technica/Apple

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | CPU: R5 2600 | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 16GB 2666 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 10 | Storage: 480GB PNY SSD & 2TB WD Green HDD | PSU: Corsair CX600M | Display: Dell 27 Gaming Monitor S2719DGF 1440p @155Hz, Dell UZ2215H 21.5" 1080p, ViewSonic VX2450wm-LED 23.6" 1080p | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G303 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball

14 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

I shouldn't, but I do. This is going to get me roasted, but:

I still prefer Intel processors to AMD, but that's partially because I don't consider immediate value in my build planning (I build my daily drivers to last in the 7-10 year range without any upgrades and assuming no component failures), and partially because I just like Intel.

I see. Well, we all have our favourite brands.

10 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

GPUs: Sapphire

Wow, Sapphire GPU are nice. I like the Red Devil range, top of the line, but very pricey.

Errata: Red Devil series are actually from Power Colour. Sapphire is Pulse and Nitro. I mixed up both of the manufacturer. But anyway, the Sapphire Nitro has some good looking GPU.

10 minutes ago, Kaloob said:

Nowadays, Lenovo has started to solder RAM, and the T-series seems to have been moved to a different segment with the worse L-series replacing it.

Thinkpad seems to go down the drain when they shift from IBM to Lenovo. Still, I think their X series is something to be reckoned with.

18 minutes ago, Kaloob said:

but Intel still wins slightly in raw gaming performance due to better IPC and clock speeds (even if they are beasts to cool).

I thought Intel CPU is 'cooler' than AMD, as they are not hot at all. Strange to hear someone say they are harder to cool.

Overall neutral, but I like the look of the Asus boards.

Leonidas

Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Monitors: Acer Nitro XV272U 1440p 170Hz IPS / Acer KG240 1080p 144Hz TN | SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB / WD SN550 1TB  / Samsung 860 Evo 500GB

Yes, but it's mostly just because I've found stuff that worked and stuck with it.

-Motherboards:

1. ASRock
  2. MSI
  3. Gigabyte

-RAM:

1. Corsair
  2. G.Skill

-Video cards:

1. EVGA (as I have one in nearly every computer I've built and use)
  2. MSI

-SSD storage:

1. ADATA
  2. Crucial
  3. SanDisk

As for platter hard drives? Seagate and only Seagate. WD is hot garbage as I see them, I've had a large number fail over the years in my systems and others. The last good WD platter drive I had was a 10GB IDE unit back when they had a long warranty on them (lifetime or 10 year maybe?), now it's 2 years or so and that's all anyone should expect to get out of one. Most other brands I've had that sucked are either not produced anymore or they've been absorbed by someone else.

PSU's are an interesting thing. Nearly everything I own has a low-tier EVGA or a second-hand Delta OEM unit in it. I've only spent actual money on one EVGA G3 PSU and everyone thinks they're garbage.

Processors I go with whatever, although Intel has been disappointing lately. 

I've had the same Dell monitor for the last 10 years, and I have a replacement arriving tomorrow as it's finally getting flaky. Once I have a good one in place I might take the old one down and see if it's the capacitors on the power supply. I bought the current replacement model of the one I've had, I hope to get a decade out of this new one.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 2700X 50th Anniversary

Corsair Vengence LPX 3200mhz 16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

ADATA SU800 1TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

RAIDMAX Monster II

beQuiet PureWings 3 140mm x5

52 minutes ago, Kaloob said:

If I had the money to build a balls to the wall PC, I'd still go Intel. Sure, AMD offers better value (and is who I'd realistically buy from), but Intel still wins slightly in raw gaming performance due to better IPC and clock speeds (even if they are beasts to cool).

That's basically my logic. When you build a machine with a ten year, no component upgrades, cycle in mind, then suddenly raw performance is all that matters, because the increased cost gets amortized over a decade of use instead of just 3-5 years. Well, that plus for it to not be unbearably underperforming in its end-of-life phase it has to start out pretty much TOTL, but in my experience not necessarily HEDT. Right now a reasonable budget for a 10 year machine with full liquid cooling would be around $5000US in my opinion.

There's a long-range thing for LTT to do: A decade replacement cycle gaming machine.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

13 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

As for platter hard drives? Seagate and only Seagate. WD is hot garbage as I see them, I've had a large number fail over the years in my systems and others. The last good WD platter drive I had was a 10GB IDE unit back when they had a long warranty on them (lifetime or 10 year maybe?), now it's 2 years or so and that's all anyone should expect to get out of one. Most other brands I've had that sucked are either not produced anymore or they've been absorbed by someone else.

I think it's really interesting that a lot of people seem to have had drives from either Seagate or WD fail in the past and now they stick with the other. I have only used WD drives in my computers, I have some that have been used since around 2012 and I never had a problem with them. CrystalDisk still shows them in good health. It's interesting because clearly neither company sucks at making hard drives, otherwise lots of people would be having problems and would stop buying them, but still people stick with one and would never use the other. 

11 minutes ago, The_russian said:

I think it's really interesting that a lot of people seem to have had drives from either Seagate or WD fail in the past and now they stick with the other. I have only used WD drives in my computers, I have some that have been used since around 2012 and I never had a problem with them. CrystalDisk still shows them in good health. It's interesting because clearly neither company sucks at making hard drives, otherwise lots of people would be having problems and would stop buying them, but still people stick with one and would never use the other. 

Many people have told me I'm just "snake-bit" with WD stuff. I know their enterprise drives are well-regarded, but it's hard to trust a product where you've had a near 100% early failure rate.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 2700X 50th Anniversary

Corsair Vengence LPX 3200mhz 16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

ADATA SU800 1TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

RAIDMAX Monster II

beQuiet PureWings 3 140mm x5

2 hours ago, GreatnessRD said:

Overall neutral, but I like the look of the Asus boards.

Yeah. Asus seems to have some good motherboards available, prices are a bit high, but hey, you get some good features (such as more USB 3.0 Gen 2).