Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question about fans and AIO

Hey there, 

 

Im planning on buying a new system. So specs the will be relevant:

 

Case: corsair 500D

AIO: corsair h150i pr

And replace al fans with QL120/140. (9 total) 

 

For my AIO in want a push pull config. (so 6 fans. ( front mounted) 

 

2x 140mm fans at the top, and 1x 120mm fan at the back. 

 

Wel now, I want to control it al using corsair ICUE software.

 

I know for my 9 fans I can connect 3 fans to 1 LED hub other 6 to LEB hub, connect this to the lighting note pro. Connect the light note pro to my Commander pro. 

 

The Commander Pro only has 6 fans to power. 

 

So here's where I'm not sure if it is going to work. 

To power my other 3 fans I can use the AIO Y PWM splitter, and connect this to my Mobo. But some say if I connect it to my mobo, and not via corsair I cannot control it via ICUE. 

 

Hopefully I clear enough, and can you please help me. 

 

Short summary. Need to connect 9 QL fans, and want to control it al via Corsair software. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Moustache Boy said:

Short summary. Need to connect 9 QL fans, and want to control it al via Corsair software. 

From my understanding you can Daisy chain the pwm fans with each other and then plug all that into the controller

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

 

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

 

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

 

Build Log: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct. I found my solution. 

I always though you could only use Max 3 preferable 2 fans on one PWM fan connecter on a Mobo. 

So my 6 fans on a h150i with a push pull configuration in though was a no go. But I didn't realize that my aio with sata powerd the fans. 

 

So this is what I'm planning on doing. Us 3 Y fan splitter on my AIO and connect that to my mobo. I then wil have ful control over them. (Wil only see 3 of them because of the Y splitter) but there is reason then run them at a different rpm. 

 

The remaining 3 fans, 2 top and 1 back, exhaust Wil be connected to my Commander Pro. To light it al I will use 2 light mod pro led Hubs. And connects these 2 Hubs to my commander Pro. 

 

So I think that will be a good setup :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Moustache Boy said:

Correct. I found my solution. 

I always though you could only use Max 3 preferable 2 fans on one PWM fan connecter on a Mobo. 

So my 6 fans on a h150i with a push pull configuration in though was a no go. But I didn't realize that my aio with sata powerd the fans. 

 

So this is what I'm planning on doing. Us 3 Y fan splitter on my AIO and connect that to my mobo. I then wil have ful control over them. (Wil only see 3 of them because of the Y splitter) but there is reason then run them at a different rpm. 

 

The remaining 3 fans, 2 top and 1 back, exhaust Wil be connected to my Commander Pro. To light it al I will use 2 light mod pro led Hubs. And connects these 2 Hubs to my commander Pro. 

 

So I think that will be a good setup :)

alright good luck with your setup :)

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

 

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

 

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

 

Build Log: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks appreciate. You are truly amazing folk You cannot believe how extremely excited I am building this pc. (Also a little scared) Never done a pc that had RGB and its not helping that I have 9 fans. XD

 

Maybe a bit off topic here, also not sure if it allowed or that I have to created a new topic. 

 

But I want to use CableMod for my cabling. And have seen a compleet set for my PSU (Carbon Collor set). Holly crap that's looks amazing! 😍 Do you have tips on that. Thing is, what Iam scared about of happening is that If I order a set,  that the cables will be to short. 

 

So if you can please spill some tips that can help me.

Again appolgies for being a freaking noob 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Moustache Boy said:

Thanks appreciate. You are truly amazing folk You cannot believe how extremely excited I am building this pc. (Also a little scared) Never done a pc that had RGB and its not helping that I have 9 fans. XD

 

Maybe a bit off topic here, also not sure if it allowed or that I have to created a new topic. 

 

But I want to use CableMod for my cabling. And have seen a compleet set for my PSU (Carbon Collor set). Holly crap that's looks amazing! 😍 Do you have tips on that. Thing is, what Iam scared about of happening is that If I order a set,  that the cables will be to short. 

 

So if you can please spill some tips that can help me.

Again appolgies for being a freaking noob 

 

For the cable extensions ? 

Well they are short but not in the sense that it's a WHOLE cable 

The cable extensions plug into the original cables of the actual PSU so when you plug everything in just try to hide the original cables and the extensions will take over

And that's about it :)

good luck with the build 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

 

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

 

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

 

Build Log: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

For the cable extensions ? 

Well they are short but not in the sense that it's a WHOLE cable 

The cable extensions plug into the original cables of the actual PSU so when you plug everything in just try to hide the original cables and the extensions will take over

And that's about it :)

good luck with the build 

No I believe there where not extensions. I think I will worked out. Thanks again! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Moustache Boy said:

No I believe there where not extensions. I think I will worked out. Thanks again! :)

Oh wells there is sleevee cables and extensions so I assumed they are extensions lol my bad 😅

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

 

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

 

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

 

Build Log: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Oh wells there is sleevee cables and extensions so I assumed they are extensions lol my bad 😅

CableMod C-Series PRO ModMesh Cable Kit for Corsair AXi / HXi / RM (Yellow Label)

 

https://eustore.cablemod.com/product/cablemod-pro-modmesh-c-series-axi-hxi-rm-cable-kit/?attribute_pa_color=carbon

 

These are the ones that I'm interested in :)

 

So in my case I want the case Corsair 500D which is a mid tower. I think those will be long enough, but never bought cable nor do I now how long they normally are. 

Edited by Moustache Boy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×