Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Motherboard lights flashing. Help.

Benni77

Hi, I built my first computer a few days ago and I decided to add a few more fans to the build. At first it was a success only thing is that the rgb didn't work on my fans. So I flipped the connector (see pic.1) which I put into the DLED_V_SW2 header (see pic.2). After that I tried turning the pc on, the CPU fan spun for half a second and then the motherboard and power switch started flashing. Does anyone have an idea of what went wrong?

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 aorus pro

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

PSU: CoolerMaster MasterWatt 650W

20200512_204617.jpg

20200512_204650.jpg

What happens it you unplug the RGB connector and try to turn the computer on? I am not certain about RGB connectors but other internal connectors are not reversible, so if you plugged it in backwards it could be creating a short, which would cause the system to shutdown as soon as it is turned on. It would also help to know the model of the fans you are trying to use. 

According to the manual for your motherboard, the  'DLED_V_SW2 header' should have a jumper connecting 2 of the pins to set the voltage for the leds.

It's the 'D_LED2' connector you plug the leds into. Looking at the first pic, you will need a 3 pin to 4pin converter which might have come with motherboard accessories.

45 minutes ago, The_russian said:

What happens it you unplug the RGB connector and try to turn the computer on? I am not certain about RGB connectors but other internal connectors are not reversible, so if you plugged it in backwards it could be creating a short, which would cause the system to shutdown as soon as it is turned on. It would also help to know the model of the fans you are trying to use. 

The computer won't turn on and motherboard and power button lights still flash if I try that. The fans are 3 CoolerMaster masterfan MF120R ARGB connected to a CoolerMaster 1-to-3 splitter cable (the connector in the first pic).

21 minutes ago, madoo007 said:

According to the manual for your motherboard, the  'DLED_V_SW2 header' should have a jumper connecting 2 of the pins to set the voltage for the leds.

It's the 'D_LED2' connector you plug the leds into. Looking at the first pic, you will need a 3 pin to 4pin converter which might have come with motherboard accessories.

Okay thank you, I used a splitter cable that also has a 4pin connector, I just used the 3pin one since the box said that was for gigabyte.