Whice of these has better airflow ?

Hi there guys.

Lately my I7-4770 is ruuning a bit hot and since i have a old cheap cooler master case with no airflow (literally) i decided it as time to buy a new case. My budget is 100 euros (i live in europe) however i also wanted to buy a cpu cooler, since i have the stock one that sucks, i was thinking on the cooler master Hyper 212 black edition. One thing i noticed is that in my country cases tend to maintain there orginial price fairly longer then in united states for example.  So i cant decide about each of these cases should i buy:

- Phanteks P400a non rgb (60,40 euros)

- Cooler Master MB511non rgb (50 euros, much cheaper but i cant find any reviews about this case on youtube and the temperature results;

-Cooler Master TD 500 mesh ( honestly i cant find it anywere but if i do, i would like to know how is the airflow)

- Nox Hummer Nova ( dont know if you guys know this brand but yeah its not that famous but the case is 75 dollars with mesh front, tempered glass window and two included 200mm rgb intake fans).

So this are my options, im more tempted by the p400a and the MB511, but please guys tell me more about them and how they perform. Thank you. Im looking at you TVwazhere xD saw yout posts and they are amzazing.

Welcome to the forum!

35 minutes ago, AsneeSenin said:

So this are my options, im more tempted by the p400a and the MB511, but please guys tell me more about them and how they perform. Thank you. Im looking at you TVwazhere xD saw yout posts and they are amzazing.

P400A is one of the best. I'll let you get the tech jesus approval you are likely looking for! 

I'm gonna just mention the Fractal Design Meshify C TG as well, if you haven't considered it. I own it, great case, love everything about it!

AMD Motherboard Tier List  GPU Cooling Tier List  PSU Tier List  A Dive Into Custom Keyboards & Mechanical Switches

NEWCOMERS Remember to ' Reply ' to comments in order for people to see them, this is done by clicking the arrow icon at the bottom of a comment (Quote).

My Builds:

MEGA Desk Build

Blueberry Pi  R9 3950X  Asus X470 ROG Crosshair VII Hero Wi-Fi ATX  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 4x16GB 3200MHz CL16  EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black Edition 11GB  EVGA P2 850W w/ Blue Sleeved Cables  Cryorig R1 Universal (Blue)  2x Corsair Force MP510 4TB w/ Asus Hyper m.2 V2  Corsair ML Pro Blue LED Fans  Fractal Design Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower  

Asus ROG SWIFT PG348Q 100Hz IPS G-Sync UW  Dell UltraSharp U3419W 60Hz IPS UW  Custom TOFU96  Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB 

Work Rig  ThreadRipper 3970X  Asus Prime TRX40 Pro ATX  G.Skill RipjawsV 8x32GB 3200Mhz CL16  Nvidia Quadro RTX 6000 24GB  Corsair HXi 1000W  EVGA CLC 360 AIO  8x Sabrent Rocket 2TB w/ 2x Asus Hyper m.2 V2   Arctic P12 Fans  Phanteks P400A ATX Mid Tower 

Plotting Machine 1  ThreadRipper 2990WX  AsRock X399 Taichi ATX  Kingston HyperX Fury 8x16GB 2666Mhz CL18   Nvidia Quadro K600 1GB  Corsair RMx 850W  EVGA CLC 360 AIO ‖ 2x Sabrent Rocket 2TB & 2x Sabrent Rocket 4TB w/ Asus Hyper m.2 V2  Arctic P12 Fans  Rosewill RSV-L4500 4U  5x Dell DS60 60-bay JBOD w/ 1.2PB of HDD Storage  HP 22U Half Rack

Plotting Machine 2  R9 3950X  Asus TUF X570-Plus Wi-Fi ATX  G.Skill RipjawsV 4x16GB 3200Mhz CL16   Nvidia Quadro K600 1GB  Corsair RM 650W  Noctua NH-D15s Chormax ‖ 4x Corsair MP600 Force 1TB W/ Asus Hyper m.2 Gen4  Arctic P14 & P12 Fans  Silverstone FARA R1 ATX Mid Tower

J.A.R.V.I.S.  R9 3900XT  Asus B550-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX  G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16  EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX 8GB  Corsair SF 750W Platinum  Corsair H100i Pro AIO  Noctua NF-A12x15 Chromax Fans  FormD T1 SFF ITX Case  

LG 75UM8070PUA 4K UHD 120Hz IPS HDR TV  Corsair K63 Cherry MX Red Special Edition Wireless  Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless

Archive Server  R3 2200G  Asus B450-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 White  Vega Integrated Graphics  EVGA P2 750W  Prism Wraith Cooler  ITX Open Bench  2x HP SAS Expander  LSI-SAS9211  220TB of HDD Storage

SFF ITX Home PC  i5-7500  MSI B250I Gaming Pro Wi-Fi AC ITX  G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 2800MHz  Intel Integrated Graphics  Seasonic SSP Flex ATX 300W PSU  Cryorig C7  Velka 3 rev 1.2 SFF ITX Case (Grey)  

Laptop  Dell XPS13 2-in-1 7390 (2020)  i7-1065G7  32GB 3733MHz LPDDR4x  Intel Integrated Graphics  1TB NVME M.2  UHD+ (3840 x 2400) InfinityEdge Touch Display 

Keyboard Collection  GMMK Full Size  TOFU96 90%  ‖ KBD8x MKII TKL ‖ Drop CTRL High Profile TKL ‖ KBD Bella 75% ‖ GMMK Pro 75% ‖ XD84 Pro 75%  KBD67 V2 MKII 65%  KBD67Lite 65%  TOFU65 65%  KBD Blade 60%  Drop Carina 60%  Southpaw75 60% w/ Left Numpad  OLKB Preonic V3 Ortholinear ‖ CosPad XD24  ‖ KBDPad MKII

Key Cap Collection  GMK Boba Fett  GMK Red Samurai  GMK Laser CyberDeck +Novalties  GMK Arch  MaxKey B&W  Drop MT3 Camillo ‖ Matt3o MT3 /dev/tty  KBDfans Biip Torii Ext-2048  ePBT Less But Better +Novalties  EnjoyPBT Dolch  WinMix Mustard  Drop Skylight Horizon & Slate ‖ Glorious Black Aura   

Mechanical Key Switch Collection  Zealios V2 65g  Zealios V2 78g ‖ Zilents V2 67g  Tealios V2 67g  C³ Kiwi ‖ C³ Tangerine  Invyr Holy Panda  Durock T1 67g  Kailh Box Thick Jades ‖ Kailh Box Royal ‖ Kailh Box Heavy Dark Yellow ‖ Kailh Box Heavy Burnt Orange  Kailh Box White  Kailh Box Red  Kailh Pro Purple  Kailh Pro Burgandy  Gateron Ink Black V2  Gateron Black  Gateron Yellow  Gateron Brown  Gateron Green  Gateron Blue ‖ Cherry MX Black ‖ Cherry MX Brown ‖ Cherry MX Red

10 hours ago, TheDailyProcrastinator said:

Welcome to the forum!

P400A is one of the best. I'll let you get the tech jesus approval you are likely looking for! 

I'm gonna just mention the Fractal Design Meshify C TG as well, if you haven't considered it. I own it, great case, love everything about it!

Pretty much what he said 

But I'll add 

But the p400a or the mechify c will be the best 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

10 hours ago, TheDailyProcrastinator said:

Welcome to the forum!

Great video thank you !!!! I think i will buy the p400A and thats it XD. Im so tired of looking and looking for cases. Can you tell me just one thing. How are the thermals with the stock config ? One fan in the front and one in the back. And another thing, i have an older motherboard that only has to fan connectors. Are those fan cable extenders good ? Do they work well ?

16 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Pretty much what he said 

But I'll add 

But the p400a or the mechify c will be the best 

Thank you for the quick response. Unfortunely the meschify C is kinda of expensive in my country....around 105 euros so its kinda out of option.

2 minutes ago, AsneeSenin said:

Thank you for the quick response. Unfortunely the meschify C is kinda of expensive in my country....around 105 euros so its kinda out of option.

Then the p400a is really good 

I'll make a suggestion 

The p300a basically the same thing but cheaper 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

2 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

Then the p400a is really good 

I'll make a suggestion 

The p300a basically the same thing but cheaper 

I saw that one to, but i also saw that for that case to work properly in terms of airflow, i have to buy at least on extra fan, and on that point it would be around the same price of the P400A, and i also like the fact that the 400 has bigger space inside for cable managment. Do you know if the p400a with only the two stock fans performs in a good way ?

8 minutes ago, AsneeSenin said:

I saw that one to, but i also saw that for that case to work properly in terms of airflow, i have to buy at least on extra fan, and on that point it would be around the same price of the P400A, and i also like the fact that the 400 has bigger space inside for cable managment. Do you know if the p400a with only the two stock fans performs in a good way ?

Usually 2 stock fans is enough for anything but when you get these fans put them in a  neutral air flow configuration so one exhaust (usually at the back ) and one pulling air in ( at the front) and you should be good :)

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Usually 2 stock fans is enough for anything but when you get these fans put them in a  neutral air flow configuration so one exhaust (usually at the back ) and one pulling air in ( at the front) and you should be good :)

Ok good to know man. Thank you so mucg for your help and time :)

The single fan at the front only wont be anywhere near as good as having three at the front. For a comparison, you can look at the Meshify C which comes with One fan at the front and one at the rear. The case preforms "okay" to not amazing across most of GMN's metrics, but if you put in extra fans it becomes a lot better. You'll see the same rhetiroic used in the NR600, Fara R1 and P300A videos done recently.

Over and over again, we find ourselves reviewing inexpensive mesh-fronted cases that have potential but perform poorly in stock tests, because over and over someone decides that the ventilation is good enough to excuse saving a few bucks by not including an adequate number of fans. We’ve seen it in the Meshify C, the NR600, and the Fara R1, just to name a few recent examples. The P300A is incredibly cheap for what it is and it’s got some features that we like, so this is still a positive review overall, but we’d advise treating this case like it costs $75 rather than $60 and including a couple fans with the order.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3579-phanteks-p300a-case-review-benchmark-vs-p400a

So from that, we can draw the conclusion that the Single front fan P400 a performance will not be nearly as good as the triple fan setup. This is more apparent when you have higher heat dumping CPU's and GPU's. Keep in mind their test bench is a 6700k @4,4ghz and 1080 in OC mode. Your 4770 is a non K so it cant be OC'd, and with a hyper 212 Black cooler, you'll already be way better off cooling wise than you were before (the intel coolers have NEVER been good)

With that in mind, the single front fan and single rear fan would likely be good enough to keep things way cooler than they currently are, while leaving potential for better cooling should you need it in the future.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

7 minutes ago, AsneeSenin said:

Ok good to know man. Thank you so mucg for your help and time :)

Any time :D

Build Log: 

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

The single fan at the front only wont be anywhere near as good as having three at the front. For a comparison, you can look at the Meshify C which comes with One fan at the front and one at the rear. The case preforms "okay" to not amazing across most of GMN's metrics, but if you put in extra fans it becomes a lot better. You'll see the same rhetiroic used in the NR600, Fara R1 and P300A videos done recently.

So from that, we can draw the conclusion that the Single front fan P400 a performance will not be nearly as good as the triple fan setup. This is more apparent when you have higher heat dumping CPU's and GPU's. Keep in mind their test bench is a 6700k @4,4ghz and 1080 in OC mode. Your 4770 is a non K so it cant be OC'd, and with a hyper 212 Black cooler, you'll already be way better off cooling wise than you were before (the intel coolers have NEVER been good)

With that in mind, the single front fan and single rear fan would likely be good enough to keep things way cooler than they currently are, while leaving potential for better cooling should you need it in the future.

I think i will go to the P400A. From what you said the two included fans will be enought too cool down my stystem. Even if i could i dont intend do OC anything, and my grapics card is an RX 570 so yeah not that hot.Do you know how that fan cable extenders work ? is that just plug on a 3 pin or 4 pin connector in your motherboard ? i will neeed one of these if i want to bou a new case since my mother board ony has 2 fan connectors. Thank you so much ! :)

7 minutes ago, AsneeSenin said:

.Do you know how that fan cable extenders work ?

There's a different between fan extenders and fan spliters (sounds like you want a spliter)

You can run any number of fans off a single motherboar fan header so long as the fans combined do not draw above 1A of power. You can find how much each fan draws on the back of their fan hub. 

As an example, the NF-A12x25 fan has a max draw of .14A, so you could put 6 of these on 1 motherboard fan header before hitting the power limit. Sadly I could not find details about the black fans used in the P400A, but with this knowledge you can know if you're plugging too many fans into one header or not :) 

IMG_1955.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

32 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

There's a different between fan extenders and fan spliters (sounds like you want a spliter)

You can run any number of fans off a single motherboar fan header so long as the fans combined do not draw above 1A of power. You can find how much each fan draws on the back of their fan hub. 

As an example, the NF-A12x25 fan has a max draw of .14A, so you could put 6 of these on 1 motherboard fan header before hitting the power limit. Sadly I could not find details about the black fans used in the P400A, but with this knowledge you can know if you're plugging too many fans into one header or not :) 

IMG_1955.jpg

Thank you so much ! you guys all provided with information that i needed.  Best forum i`ve ever been too. Thanks guys  stay safe ;)

Thank you so much ! you guys all provided with information that i needed.  Best forum i`ve ever been too. Thanks guys  stay safe ;)

Ayy any time :D

Build Log: 

11 hours ago, AsneeSenin said:

Great video thank you !!!! I think i will buy the p400A and thats it XD. Im so tired of looking and looking for cases. Can you tell me just one thing. How are the thermals with the stock config ? One fan in the front and one in the back. And another thing, i have an older motherboard that only has to fan connectors. Are those fan cable extenders good ? Do they work well ?

Stock config thermals are better with the P400A digital, with the Meshify I would recommend additional fans, tbh I do not remember how many fans are included. You can easily get fan splitters though. No sure what you are referring to with regards to extenders. 

AMD Motherboard Tier List  GPU Cooling Tier List  PSU Tier List  A Dive Into Custom Keyboards & Mechanical Switches

NEWCOMERS Remember to ' Reply ' to comments in order for people to see them, this is done by clicking the arrow icon at the bottom of a comment (Quote).

My Builds:

MEGA Desk Build

Blueberry Pi  R9 3950X  Asus X470 ROG Crosshair VII Hero Wi-Fi ATX  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 4x16GB 3200MHz CL16  EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black Edition 11GB  EVGA P2 850W w/ Blue Sleeved Cables  Cryorig R1 Universal (Blue)  2x Corsair Force MP510 4TB w/ Asus Hyper m.2 V2  Corsair ML Pro Blue LED Fans  Fractal Design Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower  

Asus ROG SWIFT PG348Q 100Hz IPS G-Sync UW  Dell UltraSharp U3419W 60Hz IPS UW  Custom TOFU96  Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB 

Work Rig  ThreadRipper 3970X  Asus Prime TRX40 Pro ATX  G.Skill RipjawsV 8x32GB 3200Mhz CL16  Nvidia Quadro RTX 6000 24GB  Corsair HXi 1000W  EVGA CLC 360 AIO  8x Sabrent Rocket 2TB w/ 2x Asus Hyper m.2 V2   Arctic P12 Fans  Phanteks P400A ATX Mid Tower 

Plotting Machine 1  ThreadRipper 2990WX  AsRock X399 Taichi ATX  Kingston HyperX Fury 8x16GB 2666Mhz CL18   Nvidia Quadro K600 1GB  Corsair RMx 850W  EVGA CLC 360 AIO ‖ 2x Sabrent Rocket 2TB & 2x Sabrent Rocket 4TB w/ Asus Hyper m.2 V2  Arctic P12 Fans  Rosewill RSV-L4500 4U  5x Dell DS60 60-bay JBOD w/ 1.2PB of HDD Storage  HP 22U Half Rack

Plotting Machine 2  R9 3950X  Asus TUF X570-Plus Wi-Fi ATX  G.Skill RipjawsV 4x16GB 3200Mhz CL16   Nvidia Quadro K600 1GB  Corsair RM 650W  Noctua NH-D15s Chormax ‖ 4x Corsair MP600 Force 1TB W/ Asus Hyper m.2 Gen4  Arctic P14 & P12 Fans  Silverstone FARA R1 ATX Mid Tower

J.A.R.V.I.S.  R9 3900XT  Asus B550-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX  G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16  EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX 8GB  Corsair SF 750W Platinum  Corsair H100i Pro AIO  Noctua NF-A12x15 Chromax Fans  FormD T1 SFF ITX Case  

LG 75UM8070PUA 4K UHD 120Hz IPS HDR TV  Corsair K63 Cherry MX Red Special Edition Wireless  Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless

Archive Server  R3 2200G  Asus B450-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 White  Vega Integrated Graphics  EVGA P2 750W  Prism Wraith Cooler  ITX Open Bench  2x HP SAS Expander  LSI-SAS9211  220TB of HDD Storage

SFF ITX Home PC  i5-7500  MSI B250I Gaming Pro Wi-Fi AC ITX  G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 2800MHz  Intel Integrated Graphics  Seasonic SSP Flex ATX 300W PSU  Cryorig C7  Velka 3 rev 1.2 SFF ITX Case (Grey)  

Laptop  Dell XPS13 2-in-1 7390 (2020)  i7-1065G7  32GB 3733MHz LPDDR4x  Intel Integrated Graphics  1TB NVME M.2  UHD+ (3840 x 2400) InfinityEdge Touch Display 

Keyboard Collection  GMMK Full Size  TOFU96 90%  ‖ KBD8x MKII TKL ‖ Drop CTRL High Profile TKL ‖ KBD Bella 75% ‖ GMMK Pro 75% ‖ XD84 Pro 75%  KBD67 V2 MKII 65%  KBD67Lite 65%  TOFU65 65%  KBD Blade 60%  Drop Carina 60%  Southpaw75 60% w/ Left Numpad  OLKB Preonic V3 Ortholinear ‖ CosPad XD24  ‖ KBDPad MKII

Key Cap Collection  GMK Boba Fett  GMK Red Samurai  GMK Laser CyberDeck +Novalties  GMK Arch  MaxKey B&W  Drop MT3 Camillo ‖ Matt3o MT3 /dev/tty  KBDfans Biip Torii Ext-2048  ePBT Less But Better +Novalties  EnjoyPBT Dolch  WinMix Mustard  Drop Skylight Horizon & Slate ‖ Glorious Black Aura   

Mechanical Key Switch Collection  Zealios V2 65g  Zealios V2 78g ‖ Zilents V2 67g  Tealios V2 67g  C³ Kiwi ‖ C³ Tangerine  Invyr Holy Panda  Durock T1 67g  Kailh Box Thick Jades ‖ Kailh Box Royal ‖ Kailh Box Heavy Dark Yellow ‖ Kailh Box Heavy Burnt Orange  Kailh Box White  Kailh Box Red  Kailh Pro Purple  Kailh Pro Burgandy  Gateron Ink Black V2  Gateron Black  Gateron Yellow  Gateron Brown  Gateron Green  Gateron Blue ‖ Cherry MX Black ‖ Cherry MX Brown ‖ Cherry MX Red