Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

XFX RADEON RX 590 COMPATIBLE WITH XPS 8300?

Marshal R

im starting a little sleeper pc build and was wondering if this would be compatible? Im putting in a 650w power supply that will support the system (ATX) and aslong with the GPU (XFX RADEON RX 590 FATBOY 8GB). My question is, will any other part of the pc stop this from working? lmk (clearance was an issue at first, but i ended up fitting it in there before realizing my PSU didn't have an 8pin connector ;f)

ntwEEHtWHzOttbSliLaGeVUIKW9Eg0wER86olfrHgm8.jpg

d8300m2600h new (6).jpg

Capture.PNG

Yep should be fine. Dell validates up to a HD 6950 on their 460W PSU model. Others have upgraded to GTX 1060s and been fine, so a polaris card should work well too. More info here https://www.dell.com/community/Desktops-General-Read-Only/XPS-8300-video-card-upgrade/td-p/5041788

3 minutes ago, ONOTech said:

Yep should be fine. Dell validates up to a HD 6950 on their 460W PSU model. Others have upgraded to GTX 1060s and been fine, so a polaris card should work well too. More info here https://www.dell.com/community/Desktops-General-Read-Only/XPS-8300-video-card-upgrade/td-p/5041788

you think? any other upgrades i should make to make this run at all of the power it's capable of?

4 minutes ago, ONOTech said:

the only problem with the 460w power supply is that i couldn't find a way to power it. the psu in the pc doesn't have a 6+2 pin and a 6pin for the graphics card 😕

1 minute ago, Marshal R said:

the only problem with the 460w power supply is that i couldn't find a way to power it. the psu in the pc doesn't have a 6+2 pin and a 6pin for the graphics card 😕

then its not possible with this PSU

1 minute ago, Marshal R said:

The 650W psu you're planning to install will be fine, assuming it's reliable. What's the model?

Just now, _Omega_ said:

then its not possible with this PSU

figured.

Just now, ONOTech said:

The 650W psu you're planning to install will be fine, assuming it's reliable. What's the model?

650W 80+ Bronze Modular ATX, is compatible with system (20+4 pin)

1 minute ago, ONOTech said:

GAMEMAX GP-650

SOLVED: i'll be trying to use a 6 pin to 8 pin, using this card with 450w is living on the edge of disaster but whatever happens i'll have a 650w to fall back on.

thanks for reaching out!

• 1 month later...

I just bought the RX 590 card to install in my Dell XPS 8300 and it not showing bootup screen replaced the PSU to a EVGA 700 bronze so not sure where to go from here if you guys could help that would be great