Noctua NH-D15 in Cooltek Antiphon case

niohi

I currently have a new built (with AMD 3700x stock cooler) in a Cooltek Antiphon case.

I would like to get a great CPU cooler in this system.

Budget is not a problem, so I was looking at the Noctua NH-D15, however, according to the specs, it's 5 mm too tall.

I read online that it often does fit. However, does it impact the airflow significantly (because suction from the top might be limited)? Because if so, I might be better of buying a smaller/cheaper cooler.

So my questions are, will it likely still perform well? I don't know if most case specs are listed "on the safe side".

And if not, are there any other coolers which are similarly quiet/that perform well?

For anyone interested, my built:

- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  - Motherboard: Asus TUF B45-PRO GAMING
  - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8Gb 3200-16 CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
  - GPU: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 5700 XT
  - SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
  - HDD: WD Blue 4TB WD40EZRZ
  - Case: Cooltek Antiphon
  - PSU: be quiet! Straight Power11 CM 750W ATX24

No it does not effect the airflow. If it fits, all will be fine.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Just now, Praesi said:

No it does not effect the airflow. If it fits, all will be fine.

Well, if the case touches the heatsink, there is less air intake area, so it definitely does affect it.

The question is if it significantly affects it.

3 minutes ago, niohi said:

Well, if the case touches the heatsink, there is less air intake area, so it definitely does affect it.

The question is if it significantly affects it.

The intake of the NHD 15 in on the RAM side. 

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Just now, Praesi said:

The intake of the NHD 15 in on the RAM side. 

That's is main intake, however, air is sucked in from all sides with negative relative pressure.

It's simple physics...

This extra intake area may be important to the design of a cooler.

Thank you for your feedback, but it seems like to don't actually understand the design of the cooler (note that I don't either), so unfortunately your feedback isn't helpful.

1 minute ago, niohi said:

That's is main intake, however, air is sucked in from all sides with negative relative pressure.

It's simple physics...

This extra intake area may be important to the design of a cooler.

Thank you for your feedback, but it seems like to don't actually understand the design of the cooler (note that I don't either), so unfortunately your feedback isn't helpful.

Thats Nonsense, but ok.

Good Luck than.