Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do I have to use the Elgato HD60 Pro for pass through?

Stlerfn

So, I’ve been looking at the Elgato HD60 Pro to record my gameplay. But does it have to be used as a pass through to record anything? That seems like a major design flaw considering it can only pass through 1080p at 60Hz. I can’t find a straight answer, can I just not hook up an HDMI cable to it and just record a screen?

As it can only record/stream at 1080p60 there is no reason to have a higher pass through.

There is a 4k version tho

As for your last question: Just hook up the Elgato as a monitor (it will show up as one) and clone your main screen to this one.

Many guides out there on how todo this.

1 hour ago, Dujith said:

As it can only record/stream at 1080p60 there is no reason to have a higher pass through.

As for your last question: Just hook up the Elgato as a monitor (it will show up as one) and clone your main screen to this one.

So, even if the monitor I’m cloning is a higher refresh rate, it will still work? If this is the case thanks so much.

2 hours ago, Dujith said:

Also, will doing this affect GPU performance?

51 minutes ago, Stlerfn said:

Also, will doing this affect GPU performance?

You should not notice it. Think there is a slight performance drop. Test it out!

1 hour ago, Stlerfn said:

So, even if the monitor I’m cloning is a higher refresh rate, it will still work? If this is the case thanks so much.

Yes, since you are cloning to a different screen you can have 2 refresh rates.

Atm i have this setup. I bought a 2nd monitor, the same model but a newer batch.

My main monitor is a iiyama x2783HSU B3 and my 2nd is a iiyama x2783HSU B1. The B1 goes to 60Hz and the B3 goes to 75Hz.

When i turned on cloning i had my game running at 75fps while also running on the 60hz screen.

This will only work if you are in fullscreen mode, windowed fullscreen will drop the fps to the lowest hz.