Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

XMP - Corsair Vengeance (3600mhz)

I recently upgraded my pc after 6 years and moved back to AMD.

I bought the following:  AMD 3900x, Gigabyte X570 Gaming X and Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB 3600MHz - a bundle via Overclockers in the UK. 

The PC works well when the RAM is at stock speeds, but as soon as I enable XMP it crashes randomly. Memory test at stock is fine but on XMP a hardware error is displayed.  I am getting 4.59 GHz on 6/12 cores on stock.

Here lies the problem.  Overclockers will RMA but stated "we find almost all AMD Ryzen setups don't like anything above 3000 - 32000mhz"

Is this true?  Is it worth RMA or shall i suck it up and keep the RAM?

Thanks all 👍

You can try setting the timings and voltage manually.

Or you can just use XMP 3200MHz instead of 3600MHz.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

17 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

do you have 4x8gb of ram or 2x16 gb? if 2x16, are they in slots 2 and 4? when you enable xmp, make sure the dram voltage gets set to 1.35. you can try to manually increase soc voltage to 1.1 and see if that helps with stability.

And make sure you have the latest bios for the chipset that should help aswell 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Thanks for the replies - I have the latest bios F11 and dimms in 2 and 4.

i will the voltages as you suggested...