GTX1050 and displayport to VGA

I'm trying, and failing to get 3 monitors running on my GTX1050. I have a monitor on the HDMI and a 1080 TV on the DVI. I have a known working displayport to VGA adaptor, tested and good on a Quadro and a HD6000 series card.

I first tried it on the TV which happily takes 1080p on the VGA connector, but nope it would only run at 800x600, anything higher and it would just give no signal. Then it started constantly removing and adding the display device, as if I was just constantly removing and reconnecting the DP adaptor. Tried again on a smaller monitor and it was doing the same. I rebooted the machine (full power cycle) and the UEFI splash was displayed on the monitor connected to the DP to VGA adaptor, all seems well. As soon as I log into Windows it starts with the unplug/replug routine again. I have a DP to HDMI adaptor but I kind of need this VGA monitor as it's smaller so fits on my desk, but it's also a touch screen which will come in handy soon.

Any thoughts on what the shit is going on? First drivers that refuse to run on a VM and now this, I'm kind of considering ditching the GTX for something from team red.

21 minutes ago, Curious Pineapple said:

I'm trying, and failing to get 3 monitors running on my GTX1050. I have a monitor on the HDMI and a 1080 TV on the DVI. I have a known working displayport to VGA adaptor, tested and good on a Quadro and a HD6000 series card.

I first tried it on the TV which happily takes 1080p on the VGA connector, but nope it would only run at 800x600, anything higher and it would just give no signal. Then it started constantly removing and adding the display device, as if I was just constantly removing and reconnecting the DP adaptor. Tried again on a smaller monitor and it was doing the same. I rebooted the machine (full power cycle) and the UEFI splash was displayed on the monitor connected to the DP to VGA adaptor, all seems well. As soon as I log into Windows it starts with the unplug/replug routine again. I have a DP to HDMI adaptor but I kind of need this VGA monitor as it's smaller so fits on my desk, but it's also a touch screen which will come in handy soon.

Any thoughts on what the shit is going on? First drivers that refuse to run on a VM and now this, I'm kind of considering ditching the GTX for something from team red.

Update the firmware for your GPU 

Try dduing the drivers 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 hour ago, TofuHaroto said:

Try dduing the drivers 

Not sure what was wrong but after trying it on my laptop (and getting nothing) it started working on desktop.

2 minutes ago, Curious Pineapple said:

Not sure what was wrong but after trying it on my laptop (and getting nothing) it started working on desktop.

Well good lol :)

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, Curious Pineapple said:

And it's just fucked up again. New card time.

2 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

Try dduing the drivers 

Try this 

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Try this 

Card firmware is up to date (as up to date as a 6 year old card can be) and drivers got DDU'd a few months back when I got the card. There's a common issue with nVidia cards and displayport it seems.

2 minutes ago, Curious Pineapple said:

Card firmware is up to date (as up to date as a 6 year old card can be) and drivers got DDU'd a few months back when I got the card. There's a common issue with nVidia cards and displayport it seems.

It could be nvidea but I can't think of something else that would cause this problem

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

It could be nvidea but I can't think of something else that would cause this problem

Just connected main monitor using DP to HDMI adaptor. Will see if this works. I think this one is passive though so I can't see why it wouldn't

3 minutes ago, Curious Pineapple said:

Just connected main monitor using DP to HDMI adaptor. Will see if this works. I think this one is passive though so I can't see why it wouldn't

Good luck :)

Build Log: 

23 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Good luck :)

Working fine (ish) now. Only wanted to test OBS with a touch screen whilst in-game.

• 5 months later...
On 5/11/2020 at 6:22 PM, Curious Pineapple said:

OMG thank god I am not the only one having issues with my display port to VGA adapter. It works most of the time, but sometimes it starts flickering like crazy or just stops working. It hasn't done this recently but I think part of it was that I had AC power cords near the VGA cable and it could have been causing some interference. After all it is a cheap adapter and VGA is analog.