Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why do I have to upgrade this gaming PC already??

nicklmg
 Share

 

Buy Sliger Cerberus: https://www.sliger.com/products/cases/cerberus/

 

Buy RTX 2080Ti
On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/ykIX8C 
On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/yZOyjx 
On B&H (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/KXtu7 

 

Buy Silverstone SX800 LTI PSU
On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/gSIu 
On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/mZ7KE

 

Buy ASRock B450M Motherboard
On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/jryr 
On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/oaEnEe
On B&H (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/r341T

 

Buy AMD Ryzen 3900X CPU
On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/y9Cooj 
On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/ofuuC23
On B&H (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/tclIsL

 

Buy Noctua NF-A12
On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/1WNKy1j 
On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/mdnvf
On B&H (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/n6SX76

 

Buy CL16 Teamgroup RAM
On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/BjE6Iu 
On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/NxD3
On B&H (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/OUGX

 

Sign up for Floatplane. Do it. It's fantastic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweet. Now I can feel even less competent in my setup.  XD

Spoiler

i7-6700k OC'd 4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070 SC

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry...you're saying this wasn't compatible with *Intel chipset* provided USB?  If that's the case...shit is busted and whoever is making the trackers needs to fix it.

 

Edit: oh wait...AMD platform at the start....nevermind you kinda expect shit to not work with AMD.

Workstation: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt, active backplate || G.Skill 3866 4x8GB || Corsair AX1500i || 11 gallon whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master || Gigabyte Gaming G1 1080Ti || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only // 11 gallon whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 8350K @ 4.7Ghz || ASRock Z370 ITX || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 250W, running on AX1200i || 11 gallon whole-house loop.

Server Compute/Storage: E5-2696v4 || Asus X99 mATX WS || LSI 9280i + Adaptec + Intel Expander || 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup, Corsair AX1200i (drives)  || 11 gallon whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G3 (Intel 8350U) + 3060 Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch the sponsor spot at the end.  Effin' hilarious.  

AMD Ryzen 3900X  |  Fractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 3600CL15 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-16-14-14-34  |  EVGA 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black w/NZXT Kraken G12 Cooler  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Sorry...you're saying this wasn't compatible with *Intel chipset* provided USB?  If that's the case...shit is busted and whoever is making the trackers needs to fix it.

 

Edit: oh wait...AMD platform at the start....nevermind you kinda expect shit to not work with AMD.

No joke here. But this is a major reasons I prefer Intel's CPUs over AMD's ones historically.

Odd USB problems, systems not wanting to boot due to one odd thing after another, PCIe failures, random memory issues, etc.... All problems I have had with my multiple AMD systems.

While my numerous Intel one's have all just worked. (though one Intel system doesn't work at all, but its 15+ years old by now, so likely some age related failure, tin whisker, or dried-out/shorted cap or something...)

Though, then Intel came out with a whole slew of security issues, quickly turning the whole decision into what issue one rather wishes to have....
And AMD have recently increased their performance quite a bit while Intel has supply shortages that haunts them, so the decision is in AMD's favor, especially if they improve system stability.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Meppi2345 said:

It looks to be Sonnet Allegro USB 3.0 4-port with heatsink on it.

https://www.sonnettech.com/product/allegrousb3pcie4port.html

Looks like they're redirecting away from the 3.0 card you mentioned. In fact, I only see 3.2 cards on their site.

 

I think he has the USB3-PRO-4PM-E card... which is discontinued.

http://www.sonnettech.com/product/legacyproducts/allegroprousb3pcie.html

Edited by Quarnozian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Quarnozian said:

Not so sure about that... he specifically points out that each port has its own dedicated USB controller chip. I don't see that on any of the Sonnet cards.

Watch that close up on card it has clear sonnet logo on it. Here is link to local shop with picture of card that is damn near identical with exception of heatsink. https://www.jimms.fi/fi/Product/Show/154509/usb3-4pm-e/sonnet-allegro-usb-3_0-4-port-lisakortti-pcie-2_0-x1

Oh and it is listed on their site too in legacy products.

https://www.sonnettech.com/product/legacyproducts/allegroprousb3pcie.html

 

Edited by Meppi2345
Found manufactures site legacy picture
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do love that board. I hope the b550 refresh has a bit better vrms.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 2.0: R7 2700 @4.0ghz, B450m Steel Legends, H105, 4x8gb Geil EVO 2866, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 250, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review      Buy my old RX 580

 

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, rokinon 25 T1.5, Helios44-m, Sony FS700R, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nystemy said:

No joke here. But this is a major reasons I prefer Intel's CPUs over AMD's ones historically.

Odd USB problems, systems not wanting to boot due to one odd thing after another, PCIe failures, random memory issues, etc.... All problems I have had with my multiple AMD systems.

While my numerous Intel one's have all just worked. (though one Intel system doesn't work at all, but its 15+ years old by now, so likely some age related failure, tin whisker, or dried-out/shorted cap or something...)

Though, then Intel came out with a whole slew of security issues, quickly turning the whole decision into what issue one rather wishes to have....
And AMD have recently increased their performance quite a bit while Intel has supply shortages that haunts them, so the decision is in AMD's favor, especially if they improve system stability.

FYI, Intel boards can have USB issues as well, I have come across these similar types of issues on Intel and AMD.. I don't know what the heck happen with the USB spec, but different controllers revisions and depending on build dates, have incompatibility issues with USB 3.0 and up devices all over the place. Try using a kinect 2.0 on your PC.. lol suppose to be USB 3.0 but only works on a handful of USB 3.0 controllers due to strict spec requirements on power and throughput. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, vipast said:

FYI, Intel boards can have USB issues as well, I have come across these similar types of issues on Intel and AMD.. I don't know what the heck happen with the USB spec, but different controllers revisions and depending on build dates, have incompatibility issues with USB 3.0 and up devices all over the place. Try using a kinect 2.0 on your PC.. lol suppose to be USB 3.0 but only works on a handful of USB 3.0 controllers due to strict spec requirements on power and throughput. 

Yes the introduction of USB 3 has made that a lot more iffy most of the time for both sides of the market.
Would though not fully blame it on Intel nor AMD. (since its due to wacky USB related issues mostly outside of their control...)
 

My experience were mostly related to USB 2.0 back before Ryzen were a thing. (Back in the good old days when USB were simpler and far more stable across the board...)
Not to mention that buggy USB were just one of a list of issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

@LinusTechWhen you rebuild this next (which I assume will be at least 3 times this week) you can keep it ITX with Sligers SM580 as they have triple slots and bifurcation risers to allow both a GPU and USB hub (on the right chipset of course)

 

Not practical for expansion, but you’re obviously on some level enjoying rebuilding and troubleshooting this machine so often.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this an issue to only this board/chipset, or is it more widespread? I am considering building a new pc witht he Lian-Li TU150 as a case, but if this is indeed an issue on all boards i'll have to reconsider my case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dredgy said:

@LinusTechWhen you rebuild this next (which I assume will be at least 3 times this week) you can keep it ITX with Sligers SM580 as they have triple slots and bifurcation risers to allow both a GPU and USB hub (on the right chipset of course)

 

Not practical for expansion, but you’re obviously on some level enjoying rebuilding and troubleshooting this machine so often.

Yeah that thing looks sick... Kinda considering it...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

" haha ! get wrecked my literal son" ..

 

Ok yea i laughed at that.

 

Great vid !

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w | VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma |

GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC w/OC & Barrow Block | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + Samsung 850 Evo 256GB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P |

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda annoying that the whole video spawned because of the need to install the USB card, but there is no part number in the description and the video of the card is out of focus :\  .

 

I'll be picking up a FS-4C-U8S-Pro because I have a similar problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×