Options to 'Debloat' Windows 10

codefined

It seems there are two sets of scripts out there to remove the bloatware from a default Windows installation:

Has anyone run these before?  Do they cause issues?  Which one would you recommend?  I've historically used W4RH4WK's but that has caused me issues on occassion (maybe 10% of the time), thinking that I might try the (newer) Syncnex's scripts.

Looking at the code of both, you'll be breaking the OS experience and open it to security issues on both.

Looks like the people who make those just randomly took stuff online and put it together without them understanding what they do, and too lazy to write an undo section in their code.

5 minutes ago, Chabax said:

all of this is completely unnecesary

Is it?  My desktop came with:

• XBox
  • Zune Music
  • Candy Crush
  • Wunderlist
  • Facebook
  • Minecraft
  • Eclipse Manager
  • Cortana
  • Mixed Reality Holographic Technology
  • Wifi Hotspot Finder

None of which I need.  It sends ~4MB of data to Microsoft every day.  Has advertisements in Explorer and on the start menu and refuses to use anything other than Edge for some things.  I don't want any of these things installed, especially because some of them start by default.

6 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Looking at the code of both, you'll be breaking the OS experience and open it to security issues on both.

Looks like the people who make those just randomly took stuff online and put it together without them understanding what they do, and too lazy to write an undo section in their code.

This is why I'm somewhat considering Syncnex's, as it comes with the ability to undo various parts of their script.  I'm also obviously intending to take a full snapshot of my computer before I do this.

I can see why I'd be breaking several parts of the OS experience, but can't quite see how it opens it up to security issues.  As far as I can tell, all of the items are either uninstalling packages or changing settings (specifically talking about the newer one here).

It would be nice if that would still work and not break anything after every windows update

1 hour ago, codefined said:

Is it?  My desktop came with:

• XBox
  • Zune Music
  • Candy Crush
  • Wunderlist
  • Facebook
  • Minecraft
  • Eclipse Manager
  • Cortana
  • Mixed Reality Holographic Technology
  • Wifi Hotspot Finder

None of which I need.  It sends ~4MB of data to Microsoft every day.  Has advertisements in Explorer and on the start menu and refuses to use anything other than Edge for some things.  I don't want any of these things installed, especially because some of them start by default.

oh my GOD!! FOUR MEGABAJTS OF DATA EVERY DAY, THATS ALOT OF MEGABAJTS MEJT

• 1 month later...

So, is there any debloater worth using?... I used both warhawk and Sycnex for a year, but, it messes up Xbox Services :/ and thats the only reason why I use windows... 

PS. Gonna try NLite...
Forget it, I have top pay for it and looks like the serviecs.msc... I want something automatic...

Want less bloated system? Use XP. Still not enough? Windows 3.1 is the answer. Or 1.0.

Operating system evolved, it contains more and more stuff - useful or not, but still not harm. Believe me or not, but Windows can run more than one program and you can install lot of them which makes your system experience better. If you want to use only few programs, Windows is not a good choice. Or any modern os.

• 7 months later...

There is a full walkthrough video created for the Sophia Script (PowerShell module) with Wrapper (Front-end GUI for script) created by the Sophia team in English finally.
Latest release for version 5.5: https://github.com/farag2/Windows-10-Sophia-Script/releases/tag/5.5

A Telegram group has also been created for interactive support: https://t.me/sophia_chat