Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Replacable Laptop Parts

Laptop monitor,

for laptop monitor you can just buy a generic led/oled/qled monitors for your crappy 60hz laptop that you may or may not mistakenly buy

don't have the port for it?

buy a dongle

Rams not enough?

buy more

and everything else is soldered (except for the very few modular cpu and a certain few battery lappy)

oh and also cooling system 

so the only Permanent part that won't be replacable in your laptop will be

GPU

CPU

Battery

Cooling System

Thunderbolt 3 (optional)

for the Replacable parts are

Ports,(DVD Drive,Keyboard(RGB),Mouse)etc

Storages(hdd,ssd)

Monitor

Rams

Charger

Sound Devices(speaker,headphones,etc)

Laptop batteries

Webcam

Wi-Fi Drivers/Adapters

this is not another rant just to show that a couple of people wants these certain parts in a laptop and why some certain laptop parts can be replacable (if they are not lazy enough to buy them ofc)

did i miss anything?

Edited by Dew It
fixed a couple few things to not misled anyone

2 minutes ago, Dew It said:

also no thunderbolt 3?

buy a thunderbolt 3 dongle

There is no such a thing. You cannot just buy a Thunderbolt 3 - dongle, that's not how it works.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

There is no such a thing. You cannot just buy a Thunderbolt 3 - dongle, that's not how it works.

the future is now

Just now, Dew It said:

the future is now

That doesn't add Thunderbolt to a device that doesn't have it. That thing uses a Thunderbolt-port that already exists in the laptop.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

9 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

That doesn't add Thunderbolt to a device that doesn't have it. That thing uses a Thunderbolt-port that already exists in the laptop.

in my knowledge, are thunderbolt 3 supposed to be a PCIe Card?

1 minute ago, Dew It said:

in my knowledge, are thunderbolt 3 supposed to be a PCIe Card?

Either that or built-in to the mobo.

3 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

well that settles it im just going to edit some things thanks for letting me know this.

9 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

building an e-gpu dock for that thunderbolt 3 pci-e card Then connecting it to the thunderbolt dongle may be too complicated but hey atleast its an option.

1 hour ago, Dew It said:

Laptop monitor,

for laptop monitor you can just buy a generic led/oled/qled monitors for your crappy 60hz laptop that you may or may not mistakenly buy

buy a dongle

Rams not enough?

buy more

and everything else is soldered (except for the very few modular cpu and a certain few battery lappy)

GPU

CPU

Battery

Cooling System

Thunderbolt 3 (optional)

Storages(hdd,ssd)

Monitor

Rams

Charger

Laptop batteries

Webcam

Wi-Fi Drivers/Adapters

this is not another rant just to show that a couple of people wants these certain parts in a laptop and why some certain laptop parts can be replacable (if they are not lazy enough to buy them ofc)

did i miss anything?

bruh.

laptop monitor replacements are annoying as f*** and the average person probably would not be sure of themselves enough to do so, and then manage to hook eveyrhting up after.

thunderbolt 3 dongle? where does that come from?

most people who use laptops are not exactly tech gurus and afaik even replacing / adding ram can be a hassle for them.

everything else is soldered,and same argument for the hdd and ssd.

only laptop i know of with nearly everything replacable is the alienware area 51m, and EVEN THEN its a hassle.

so all in all although by all means, parts are replaceble/upgradeable in laptops most people buy laptops BECAUSE they dont want to upgrade lol

stuff is cool. stuff that has fancy lighting is cooler. stuff that has fancy lighting and works is the coolest.

i game so i know a bit abt gaming tech, not much abt professional tech.

writing this as i finish a 3 hour D2 sesh so excuse anything wrong.

1 hour ago, Dew It said:

Laptop monitor,

buy a dongle

Rams not enough?

buy more

GPU

CPU

Battery

Cooling System

Thunderbolt 3 (optional)

Storages(hdd,ssd)

Monitor

Rams

Charger

Laptop batteries

Webcam

Wi-Fi Drivers/Adapters

did i miss anything?

I assume that by "laptop monitor" you mean an external monitor, not a replacement screen. That's not really a "laptop" upgrade, as it's not portable (which is, imho, the main purpose of getting a laptop). It's useful, sure, but I treat it as a peripheral, not an upgrade.

Many of these other things depend on the laptop. I've seen some (especially ultra-thin laptops) where nothing internal is replaceable, so you can only "upgrade" by adding peripherals. My current laptop has soldered RAM, for example. I can replace the hard drive, and I could get a hard drive caddy to replace the optical drive with a second hard drive, but that's it. Even batteries depend on the model. Some are replaceable, some aren't.

So you can't just make a list of "these things are upgradable" because it really depends on the model.