Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rtx 2060 84c modern

Hello I am playing the new modern warfare and I get 84c all the time and I max it out at 117 power 87c, and it usually hits 87 in intensive moments and I have been watching people with much lower temps like 50c -60c and anybody help me btw fan speed is at 100%

Link to post
Share on other sites

Which model of 2060, and what case?

In general, that's not an unsafe temperature, although your GPU Boost might be slightly lower due to high temps.

At 117% power target, it seems normal to hit high temps like that.

As long as you're not having performance issues, just leave it IMO

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

 

Motherboard Tier LIst

PC Troubleshooting

PSU Tier List

You don't need a big PSU

 

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 512GB SSD - 16GB DDR4 - I lost my pen so I convince myself I don't need it

 

"Sometimes I just buy computer hardware with no practical use for it, maybe I'm weird"

-Galileo Galilei, 1604

Link to post
Share on other sites

What 2060? Have you tried cleaning the card? Do you have at least decent airflow inside the case? Ambient temps?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Which model of 2060, and what case?

In general, that's not an unsafe temperature, although your GPU Boost might be slightly lower due to high temps.

At 117% power target, it seems normal to hit high temps like that.

As long as you're not having performance issues, just leave it IMO

This computer was a prebuilt with a 1060, I switched out the gpu and motherboard, Tuf b450m plus gaming, and it is a gigabyte rtx 2060 oc

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

What 2060? Have you tried cleaning the card? Do you have at least decent airflow inside the case? Ambient temps?

Gigabyte 2060 oc, and it had decent airflow, just a questions if the fans show just the fan and not the part holding it, is it intaking air out outputting air? If so I have to switch them around, but it looks like the front 3 are pulling air in and the top and the back are pushing air out, in my room since it is getting hotter, my computer is getting hot that it heats up my room, I have 2 fans next to me and then I put my hands on my computer and my hand starts to burn, if ambient temps mean room temps then I get around 85f-90f in my room

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Azzzzdy said:

Gigabyte 2060 oc, and it had decent airflow, just a questions if the fans show just the fan and not the part holding it, is it intaking air out outputting air? If so I have to switch them around, but it looks like the front 3 are pulling air in and the top and the back are pushing air out, in my room since it is getting hotter, my computer is getting hot that it heats up my room, I have 2 fans next to me and then I put my hands on my computer and my hand starts to burn, if ambient temps mean room temps then I get around 85f-90f in my room

The side of the fan where the center hub is held on by some plastic (kind of like a grille) is the side where the fan is pushing air. The clear side is where it pulls air from.

You'll want to have intakes (push inside the case) in the front and bottom, and exhausts (push outside) in the rear and top. Try and maintain positive air pressure, so having slightly more intakes that exhausts.

The 30-32C ambient temps might explain your GPU temps tbh

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

The side of the fan where the center hub is held on by some plastic (kind of like a grille) is the side where the fan is pushing air. The clear side is where it pulls air from.

You'll want to have intakes (push inside the case) in the front and bottom, and exhausts (push outside) in the rear and top. Try and maintain positive air pressure, so having slightly more intakes that exhausts.

The 30-32C ambient temps might explain your GPU temps tbh

and the card used to stay around 70c all max, so i dont know if thats the problem

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×