Zotac AMP RTX 2080 Super Twin Fan temps?

Mando772004

So in like 2 weeks hopefully ill get a bitfenix enso mesh black rgb case with a ML240L cooler master liquid cooler for my ryzen 5 3600. Ill also have one rear fan and 1 top fan and the radiator will be mounted on the front for rgb. So with all this im wondering what my temps on my rtx 2080 super ZOTAC AMP twin fan will be cuz i think ive seen people complaning about temps on this card. Will it run cool or do i need to get another 2080 super variant?

3 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

So in like 2 weeks hopefully ill get a bitfenix enso mesh black rgb case with a ML240L cooler master liquid cooler for my ryzen 5 3600. Ill also have one rear fan and 1 top fan and the radiator will be mounted on the front for rgb. So with all this im wondering what my temps on my rtx 2080 super ZOTAC AMP twin fan will be cuz i think ive seen people complaning about temps on this card. Will it run cool or do i need to get another 2080 super variant?

Mount the Radiator on Top as exhaust. Otherwise you will push hot air inside the case which will make the card run hotter. There are several Videos on YT like here or here. If you really care that much about RGB you can get yourself some RGB Fans which you can front mount as an intake.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X | GPU: Vega 64   | RAM: 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z | Storage:  Samsung 850 / Corsair MP510  | Mainboard: ASUS X570 Prime Pro | Case: Fractal Define R6 | PSU: Corsair RM750i  | Cooling: Custom Waterloop

Just now, Stuttgart said:

Mount the Radiator on Top as exhaust. Otherwise you will push hot air inside the case which will make the card run hotter. There are several Videos on YT like here or here. If you really care that much about RGB you can get yourself some RGB Fans which you can front mount as an intake.

ok thanks. i dont care much much about rgb but i thought it didnt make a difference. anyways will the card run coo or?

3 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

ok thanks. i dont care much much about rgb but i thought it didnt make a difference. anyways will the card run coo or?

I dont own this card. cant tell you something about temperatures. If you have some airflow in your case (2 intake fans front + radiator top as exhaust + maybe 1 fan rear exhaust) you should be fine imho.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X | GPU: Vega 64   | RAM: 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z | Storage:  Samsung 850 / Corsair MP510  | Mainboard: ASUS X570 Prime Pro | Case: Fractal Define R6 | PSU: Corsair RM750i  | Cooling: Custom Waterloop

Just now, Stuttgart said:

I dont own this card. cant tell you something about temperatures. If you have some airflow in your case (2 intake fans front + radiator top as exhaust + maybe 1 fan rear exhaust) you should be fine imho.

Ill have 1 rear fan and 1 front fan and the radiator at the top im guessing thats fine

1 minute ago, InfernalClaw said:

Ill have 1 rear fan and 1 front fan and the radiator at the top im guessing thats fine

Not ideal. having 3 exhaust and only one intake fan will generate negative pressure inside the case which causes dust buildup. always try to get a little positive pressure inside the case. therefore having 2 intakes will somewhat be equal to 2 rad fans + 1 exhaust.

1 minute ago, Stuttgart said:

Not ideal. having 3 exhaust and only one intake fan will generate negative pressure inside the case which causes dust buildup. always try to get a little positive pressure inside the case. therefore having 2 intakes will somewhat be equal to 2 rad fans + 1 exhaust.

i wish i knew what you were saying. can you tell me which is exhaust and which intake and all that

1 minute ago, InfernalClaw said:

i wish i knew what you were saying. can you tell me which is exhaust and which intake and all that

Okay, no problem.

You can mount a Fan in 2 ways: Sucking Air inside the Case as an Intake Fan OR pulling Air out as an Exhaust fan. Usually those sides with those little "bridges" that hold the Fan Motor are exhaust sides.

So with your configuration you would have 1 Fan sucking air into the case, but 3 fans blowing air out. This will generate negative pressure inside the case. To equalize this negative pressure, air will be sucked in from all those tiny little gaps that also contain dust. thats why you want positive pressure inside the case.

But you dont need 3 intake fans to stabilize the pressure inside because 2 of those exhaust fans are Radiator fans. They have to overcome some resistance and 1 more intake fan (without obstruction) should be equal to 2 radiator fans.