Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What do you think of this set up?

What do you guys think of this set up? I am including peripherals...

 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 3.8 GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory

Storage: Western Digital 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive AND Western Digital Purple 1TB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 8 GB GAMING 8G Video Card

Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case

Power Supply: Antec NeoECO Gold ZEN 500 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply

Monitor: Sceptre 24" Curved 144Hz Gaming LED Monitor Edge-Less AMD FreeSync DisplayPort HDMI, Machine Black (C248B-144RN)

Peripherals: Redragon K552-ba Gaming Keyboard Mouse Mousepad Combo 87 Keys Led

 

If you want to change anything please keep in mind that I have a budget of under $1200 (tax + shipping included)... 

The games I will be playing are Roblox, Minecraft, Terraria, PUBG, and Assassins Creed....

Please give me your honest opinion.... this will be my first build....  

 

Sorry if my questions are a little stupid... I am living in the BGPC era (Before the Gaming PC)

Light users can't read this. Good job for using Night Theme!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey,

 

what's your budget excluding taxes? I have no idea how sales taxes work in the US and afaik they are quite different depending on your state, so that'd be helpful to know in order for us to maybe suggest different builds.

I'd personally try to get at least a MSI B450M Pro-VDH Max, the Pro-M2 isn't that great tbh. What 250GB SSD is this exactly? WD Green?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

The system I presented is a lot better than the one you are proposing, generally across the board.

 

You could save here and there, go for a 2070 or a 2060 super or an RT 5700 XT if you need to come down below $1200.

 

But as I said, shop around and I think you could buy that system for less than $1200.

 

Ahh you need to buy a monitor too....let me go fiddle with it.

 

You know there is a template on the forum for this sort of thing, will help you put forward the things that people will need to know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Dravinian said:

The system I presented is a lot better than the one you are proposing, generally across the board.

 

You could save here and there, go for a 2070 or a 2060 super or an RT 5700 XT if you need to come down below $1200.

 

But as I said, shop around and I think you could buy that system for less than $1200.

 

Ahh you need to buy a monitor too....let me go fiddle with it.

 

You know there is a template on the forum for this sort of thing, will help you put forward the things that people will need to know.

Yeah with the monitor and keyboard you'll end up somewhere around $1400 with your build. PCPP just grabs the prices from the websites where they are listed without taxes, so you'll have to add those to the price PCPP gives you. Yes, it says "including taxes and shipping" but AFAIK that only goes for shops/countries where VAT is included (most european countries) - not the US.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

use the rest of the money saved for peripherals.

The 3600Mhz GSkill kit is another viable option with this build btw. 😄

CPU | Ryzen 7 2700X MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX B450-F (not my proudest buy but it was on sale at the time) RAM3200mhz Trident Z 16GB GPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 CaseLian Li 011 Air Storage500GB NVME for boot, 1TB storage, x3 3TB in raid 5 for long term storage PSUThermaltake Toughpower Grand Display(s)240hz 1080p Asus display, 4k cheap display from korea Cooling | Enermax LIQFusion 240mm Keyboard(s) | White fox w/ NK Creams( lubed with 205g0) and DSA Nerd Keycaps
, Tofu (e-white) w/ Hako Royal Purples (lubed with 104g0) and GMK Olivia, TGR Alice w/ Nixies (lubed with 205g0), Switch Coulture Alice w/ C3 Tangerines (lubed with 205g0) waiting for DSA Magic Girl, HHKB Pro 2, Leopold FC660C MiceGlorious Model O, Zowie Divina EC1-B, Logitech MX Master

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tiona you missed the monitor too, I did, it is buried in there...

 

Scrimped and saved here and there, like RAM....you can update RAM later, it is easy to buy a couple of sticks when you have some money.

 

Again, shop around you will likely make up any short fall in taxes.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, ShinRamen said:

Hey,

 

what's your budget excluding taxes? I have no idea how sales taxes work in the US and afaik they are quite different depending on your state, so that'd be helpful to know in order for us to maybe suggest different builds.

I'd personally try to get at least a MSI B450M Pro-VDH Max, the Pro-M2 isn't that great tbh. What 250GB SSD is this exactly? WD Green?

The SSD is WD Blue... My budget without taxes and shipping is around $1000-$1100

Sorry if my questions are a little stupid... I am living in the BGPC era (Before the Gaming PC)

Light users can't read this. Good job for using Night Theme!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Dravinian said:

@Tiona you missed the monitor too, I did, it is buried in there...

 

Scrimped and saved here and there, like RAM....you can update RAM later, it is easy to buy a couple of sticks when you have some money.

 

Again, shop around you will likely make up any short fall in taxes.

 

 

Thank you for putting this together... My budget is $1000-$1100 without taxes... with taxes and shipping costs I am looking at $1200... so this build is a bit pricy for me... thank you though

Sorry if my questions are a little stupid... I am living in the BGPC era (Before the Gaming PC)

Light users can't read this. Good job for using Night Theme!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Purple_Llama5 said:

The SSD is WD Blue... My budget without taxes and shipping is around $1000-$1100

Alright, how about this? I tried to get at least a 500GB SSD in there. You could also try to go for only 1TB SSD and skip the HDD for now (you can add that later). If you need it to be even lower, just get the 256GB SSD you initially suggested.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×