Computer won't turn on except if I unplug all the USB devices.

Obunga

Hello! Need help!

I've been overclocking my PC for a while now, but this time it didn't turn on after a BSOD.

Last thing I did was apply 1.450v on the core, it took this voltage before and was fine.

Motherboard Q-Code shows 00, tried restarting multiple times and randomly kept showing the 00 code.

After a while I cleared the BIOS using CLRTC on the motherboard and removed CMOS battery, PC started working again.

But computer doesn't turn on when there's any USB connections on the motherboard.

I changed the BIOS back to 1205, then back to the last and latest BIOS update Version 2103, same issue.

The computer works, but if I disconnect the power supply and plug it back in.

I have to wait for roughly 7 or 10 mins before I can click the power button and it turns on.

If there's any USB connections plugged into the motherboard, it won't turn on.

Anyway to fix this? I don't think it's a bad power supply, could be the motherboard or CPU.

Could be the CPU since it showed the Q-Code 00, this happened before, I'm lucky the CPU just

refuses to die.

Any way to fix this? Something to change in the BIOS settings maybe?

Motherboard: ASUS Z87 Pro

Processor: Core i5 4670k

• 2 weeks later...

this is weird, but check if your io shield is shorting the usb.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

14 hours ago, zassou said:

this is weird, but check if your io shield is shorting the usb.

Nah, I don't think it's the IO shield, PC is working for now, but if I unplug the power cable after a shutdown, unpredictably it takes roughly an hour or less for the computer to turn on after pressing the power button either on the motherboard or PC case.

Hopefully the computer goes back to normal miraculously after long term use, if not, I guess I'm going have to save up for a new MOBO, CPU, & RAM. 😂

• 1 year later...

Hello! It turns out that it was caused by a bad or dying power supply, it already outlived its warranty. RIP Corsair RM750 80+ Gold. It served me well without killing the other components.