Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Monitor

mbryant

So I have gone through a number of monitors over the last few years. I've finally got a gaming display I like which is also my current primary display. An Acer 144hz 1440p 27 inch monitor. My secondary display is some Dell Ultra Sharp 27" 1440p display which is also lovely but neither of these are ideal for casual use. I like to lean back a bit when I'm browsing reddit and the internet in general and 1440p at 27" is a little too small for my liking. 

I've had an ultrawide in the past and loved it but it wasn't tall enough. This was before 32:10 was a thing. 

I will be keeping my Acer 144hz display for gaming but I want to make it my secondary display and replace the Dell with something else. Here's what I'm considering right now: BenQ 32" and a Phillip's 43"

I HAVE had a 43" 4K monitor before and I recall it being slightly too large but I'm willing to try it again. I'm also open to suggestions. 

Use:

Video editing, color accuracy would be nice but anything I do is going to Youtube and or is being watched on uncalibrated displays, also even if I do have a calibrated display I would still review work on my phone, TV and other monitors to check color. 

Web browsing, when I do research I like to have one window for product listings in multiple tabs and another for reviews in multiple tabs. 

Netflix

Casual gaming, I love playing single player games on large displays like GTA, Assassin's Creed etc.

Budget: I'm willing to go up to $800 USD but would like to stay between $400 and $600

Here's a photo of my current setup.

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.)