Good time to buy a PC?

Vod

Hello!

I was thinking of buying a new PC next month.

I was going to buy a rtx 2070, a b450 Mobo and r5 3600, but I've heard that ryzen 4th gen, b550 boards and rtx 3000s are coming out this year so I'm not sure if I should just buy the parts next month or keep waiting till the release of new hardware so the prices drop.

Also, will the new 3000s have better ray tracing performance than the current rtx cards? Because if they will I'll look into a 3000 instead of a 2070.

11 minutes ago, Vod said:

Hello!

I was thinking of buying a new PC next month.

I was going to buy a rtx 2070, a b450 Mobo and r5 3600, but I've heard that ryzen 4th gen, b550 boards and rtx 3000s are coming out this year so I'm not sure if I should just buy the parts next month or keep waiting till the release of new hardware so the prices drop.

Also, will the new 3000s have better ray tracing performance than the current rtx cards? Because if they will I'll look into a 3000 instead of a 2070.

It's a terrible time to buy a pc. Not only are pc parts out of stock in most regions- with the ones being in stock usually being sold at inflated prices, but Nvidia's 2000 series GPUs are nearly two years old now, and like you said, 4th gen ryzen, b550, and Nvidia AMPERE (3000 series gpus) are all coming this year- and with a decent performance boost, especially with ray tracing if the leaks are correct- so if youre into that type of thing, you should wait for sure. I would say wait 100% unless you had no other choice or really really want a pc right now.

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

Yeah, wait if you can. You're in the home stretch of new stuff about to be revealed and available.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)