Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

best pci ax wifi options on budget?

intel ax200 seems to be the core of every cards on market, so does branding matters?

if i diy some unknown brand chip with pci converter, is it possible for being spyed?

or could i upgrade to say wifi7 if i simply change the chip on existing product, eg asus ac55bt?

PCI or PCIe? What country and budget?

AMD Ryzen 3 3200G / Sapphire R9 290X / 16gb (2x8) Kingston ValueRam @ 2666Mhz / Gigabyte A320M-S2H / Kingston A400 120GB M.2 SSD (Windows 10) / WD Blue 2.5" 1TB HDD (Windows 10 Games) / Cooler Master MWE450 / Deep Cool Ice Edge Mini FS V2 /iCute Thing / LG 22MK400H-B 1920x1080 @ 75Hz / Dell P2210 1680 x 1050 @ 60Hz / Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury / Cooler Master MK730 / Razer Kraken X

8 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

PCI or PCIe? What country and budget

i meant pcie, and in hk so some popular ones like rosewell isnt available

10 hours ago, dfsgsfa said:

intel ax200 seems to be the core of every cards on market, so does branding matters?

if i diy some unknown brand chip with pci converter, is it possible for being spyed?

or could i upgrade to say wifi7 if i simply change the chip on existing product, eg asus ac55bt?

TP-Link has a PCI-e ax card for $49.99 USD.  It seems comparable to other higher priced wireless cards.  The TP-Link T9E AC-1900 I have has a solid link speed of 877.5 Mbps.  Sometimes it's link speed reaches 1000 Mbps.  The Intel ax200 that I have is solid at 866.7 Mbps link speed.  Yes you can change out the chip to something newer.  You have to make sure that it is the same board form factor.  

4 minutes ago, Billbill said:

TP-Link has a PCI-e ax card for $49.99 USD

if intel ax200 is just $20~30 which means i only pay more for branded adatpter?

2 minutes ago, dfsgsfa said:

if intel ax200 is just $20~30 which means i only pay more for branded adatpter?

I was able to find an Intel ax200 for $11.25 USD just for the chip.  I would personally buy a name brand adapter.  The reason being is that if you buy a generic adapter you'll end up buying the name branded adapter down the road.