She might be dead captain

Cb2394

Hey lovely folk!!

Think my PSU is giving up the ghost, but I'd prefer to get some opinions before I give her the old 6ft.

System is:

Ryzen 7 1700x

Gigabyte gaming 3 b350

gtx 1080ti

16gb ram

Seasonic m12ii 620w

2HDD

2 SSD (1 sata 1 m.2)

So, since I've gotten the 1080ti, I've had to cut back my OC on my CPU dramatically. In the past 2 days I have just removed all OCs I have had due to increasing stability issues, totally hard lock, just shutting down, totally failures like that.

With no OC, besides a stutter occasionally in SnowRunners, system runs fine. So I'm assuming that my ol PSU is just about dead, but I'm willing to be convinced it's my Mobo, need an excuse to upgrade that, or that I need a UPS between my outlet and my surge protector. (I can't imagine needing a UPS to run stablely, lights don't dim or anything unless I really load this breaker hard).

Is there a good way to test the PSU? I don't have a spare to throw in to test, I would of done that already if I could.

Edited by Cb2394
Engrish

"Surround yourself with professionals and never be the smartest person in the room" -Someone much smarter than I

Find me on Rainbow 6 seige - Beeried94

What did the 1080 replace? Did you DDU old drivers and install the latest ones?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Replaced a 2060 that didn't like to hold an OC. And yeah, ddu'd all drivers, installed the latest

"Surround yourself with professionals and never be the smartest person in the room" -Someone much smarter than I

Also, when I had the 2060, I had to gradually drop the OC on my cpu in the past month due to an odd issue of Warzone crashing anytime I changed graphics settings. Figured I just had an unstable OC that just didn't agree with a single, solitary game.

The board probably barely handles the Cpu. VRM package is garbage.

If getting a new board, either wait for the 600 series with AMD 4000 desktop or get a nice X570 now. 

PSU is halfway decent. Has a 5 year warranty. You could always send it RMA. 

3 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

The board probably barely handles the Cpu. VRM package is garbage.

If getting a new board, either wait for the 600 series with AMD 4000 desktop or get a nice X570 now. 

PSU is halfway decent. Has a 5 year warranty. You could always send it RMA. 

Oh shoot, I didn't even remember that my PSU should still be in warranty, thank you. And yeah, I know the Mobo is bottom tier, I got it before I really know what I was buying. I've been planning an upgrade, just haven't done it yet. I guess it could be the issue, just didn't make sense. Figured if it was dead, I'd have issues beyond when I try to OC the CPU or GPU.