Will the RTX 2080 Super make my case run hot to the touch?

Budget (including currency): $4000 to $4500 AUD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

I mainly want to know if an MSI RTX 2080 Super will make my case run. My case is a Cooler Master Elite 344 that I’ve had for the last five or so years. Is this case suitable for the RTX 2080 Super graphics card?

I’m assuming you are talking about the USB 2.0 version.

1. It’ll need a 90 mm rear exhaust case fan.

2. Make sure the front intake fan works and all the dust and cobwebs cleared out.

3.  You will need to remove the front drive cage if it is not already removed.  (If you get a short graphics card and do not completely fill up the drive trays, you might succeed in leaving it in.)

4.  You case will likely get warm to the touch, but not uncomfortably hot.  You may see graphics card temps of 70+, but it should still all function.

5. I don’t think you have to buy a new case if you don’t want to.

@Hilltrot

Thanks for the advice. I really want my system to run cool and I’m still on the fence about getting a new case. I already have the 80mm rear exhaust fan and the motherboard so I’ll see how I go.

Just get a new case. You have a $4000 - $4500 budget, so no need to use an old one with no airflow and limited fan support.

Do you already have a build sorted ?

@lee32uk

I’ve already got a build sorted out but I can easily transfer it to another case.