Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Having a little problem with my new computer

Got a new computer a short time ago and it performance is better than I expected, but have聽a small problem with it, and that is that sometimes the computer lags where all like stops聽for about 2 seconds, and then continues fine, it happens in both windows an when i am in any game and when i watch youtube.

I have not changed anything in the BIOS, i have the different programs installed for controlling the RGB and a program fra Intel called Intel Rapid storage something 馃檪

There are the following things in my聽computer:

i5 9600k

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F GAMING

Asus Strix gtx 1660 Super

2x8gb Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4-2933mhz

Corsair TX550M PSU

Kingston A2000 250GB NVMe M.2 SSD(windows is聽installed聽on it)

3 SATA SSD and one mechanical harddrive

Anybody have an idea what could be wrong?????聽

It sounds like some job or software runs and causes a 100% CPU spike.

I would have Task Manager open and running to try and catch what is going on during the 2 second pause.

Update BIOS and drivers from ASUS website.

https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z390-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Install all the Windows updates and get back to us with the results.

i7-6700K聽@ 4.4GHz on all cores |聽AsRock Z170M Pro4S聽| 2x8GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz聽| Palit 3070 GamingPro | Samsung 980 PRO 1TB | Fractal ION+ 860W Platinum聽| Fractal Focus G Mini Case聽| Asus 27" 1440p 144Hz聽1ms Monitor | Logitech THX 2.1 Speakers

i have updated the bios now the one that was on the motherboard was 1302, the newest one is 1502

the drivers should all be the latest ones and windows just had one update, i will try and play some games in an hour or two,have some stuff i have to do at home to keep the wife happy 馃槃

i will get back to you guys with if it helped to do the stuff i did.

The BIOS update or the聽windows update seem to have worked, just played 6-7 games of Apex Legends and no lag at all, and i also found out something about the windows update聽KB4549951 could cause your system to "freeze", so maybe the update i downloaded fixed that

聽i wil try some PUBG now i see if that works, and than watch some Linus Tech Tips videos after that 馃槃

This might sound really dumb, but if you have color/theme changer activated on Windows 10 (when you let the color change according to desktop background, and have your pictures change), deactivate it. Not quite the same, but a while ago I had a problem while watching videos and stuff, every 60 seconds I'd get a GPU spike and a minor stutter. That was the issue. Hope this helps!

20 minutes ago, aXnMaN said:

The BIOS update or the聽windows update seem to have worked, just played 6-7 games of Apex Legends and no lag at all, and i also found out something about the windows update聽KB4549951 could cause your system to "freeze", so maybe the update i downloaded fixed that

聽i wil try some PUBG now i see if that works, and than watch some Linus Tech Tips videos after that 馃槃

You're welcome.

i7-6700K聽@ 4.4GHz on all cores |聽AsRock Z170M Pro4S聽| 2x8GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz聽| Palit 3070 GamingPro | Samsung 980 PRO 1TB | Fractal ION+ 860W Platinum聽| Fractal Focus G Mini Case聽| Asus 27" 1440p 144Hz聽1ms Monitor | Logitech THX 2.1 Speakers

1 hour ago, latisullivan said:

This might sound really dumb, but if you have color/theme changer activated on Windows 10 (when you let the color change according to desktop background, and have your pictures change), deactivate it. Not quite the same, but a while ago I had a problem while watching videos and stuff, every 60 seconds I'd get a GPU spike and a minor stutter. That was the issue. Hope this helps!

i dont use souch a thing

I just today a couple of times had a video on youtube "freeze" on me for like 1 or 2 sec, but have not had anything happen while gaming so maybe i should try an uninstall that windows update聽KB4549951