Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I badly require assistance in fixing my GPU Clock speed and usage issue!

csta

Go to solution Solved by Skiiwee29,

if you want your GPU to run at higher clocks, even at idle, if its an Nvidia card, open up Nvidia control panel and set your Preferred power to Maximum. 

image.thumb.png.c315e0007b30931e9602cd1769c3a8f7.png

Okay so to being with...I turned on my PC this evening to be greeted with a NZXT Cam Software update and ever since i am having issues...I ended up uninstalling cam and reinstalled the latest version and i am having some weird results...So i was getting and am still getting weird behaviour like my RTX 2070 GPU running at 300Mhz clock speed when am used to it always running at its factory clocked 1410Mhz with a boost to 1710Mhz but it stays at 300Mhz regardless if am idle at Desktop...

Wallpaper Engine looks odd as its reporting a GPU usage of 20% instead of its usual 2% load...

Wallpaper Engine using 20% GPU Usage Seriously?

I've always and always will have my machine well optimized so noticing something like this is a red flag...

I have tried changing to different wallpapers and they all perform the exact same whereas before they used to differ i reckon this is a bug but i want to hear from you all here in the comments below...

Okay...So i have tried closing Wallpaper Engine and it GPU load bouncing down to the 0-2% load that's good i guess...Issue still at hand is the Clock speed of my GPU is still stuck at a pathetic 300Mhz...I tried going into BIOS and changing PCIE to Gen 2 from Auto with no success again i looked up this issue and am seriously stuck

6 minutes ago, csta said:

Okay so to being with...I turned on my PC this evening to be greeted with a NZXT Cam Software update and ever since i am having issues...I ended up uninstalling cam and reinstalled the latest version and i am having some weird results...So i was getting and am still getting weird behaviour like my RTX 2070 GPU running at 300Mhz clock speed when am used to it always running at its factory clocked 1410Mhz with a boost to 1710Mhz but it stays at 300Mhz regardless if am idle at Desktop...

Wallpaper Engine looks odd as its reporting a GPU usage of 20% instead of its usual 2% load...

Wallpaper Engine using 20% GPU Usage Seriously?

I've always and always will have my machine well optimized so noticing something like this is a red flag...

I have tried changing to different wallpapers and they all perform the exact same whereas before they used to differ i reckon this is a bug but i want to hear from you all here in the comments below...

as for the 2-20% jump, if its running at that speed at idle, i can see why the percentage jumped that much. does it work fine, and show the normal clocks under load?

if you want your GPU to run at higher clocks, even at idle, if its an Nvidia card, open up Nvidia control panel and set your Preferred power to Maximum. 

image.thumb.png.c315e0007b30931e9602cd1769c3a8f7.png

PSU Tier List Thread | Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"White Ice"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | EVGA RTX 2080ti | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz | Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 32gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Low Mhz is normal in idle. Even 300Mhz sounds high. Boost speed in idle would be unnormal. Did you run a benchmark to see what its doing under load?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

OOOOOOOH Cheeky B!!!!!s...I just noticed all of my Nvidia setting within control panel have changed to defaults wtf!

Okay ill tweak my settings again and report back...seriously wtf windows cant recall my previous settings lol wish me luck

1 minute ago, csta said:

OOOOOOOH Cheeky B!!!!!s...I just noticed all of my Nvidia setting within control panel have changed to defaults wtf!

Okay ill tweak my settings again and report back...seriously wtf windows cant recall my previous settings lol wish me luck

Is there a reason you want to run the GPU on max speed in idle? There is no benefit, only unecessary stress to the GPU.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Turns out my Nvidia Control panel settings has been set to default even my G Sync was off weirdly enough and Vsync as well as Power usage as the gent up above said it was reverted to defaults...so weird why it messed my settings as i havent changed anything recently unless bloody cam software is the culprit again

much thanks everyone that was murder hours trying to troubleshoot lol

my GPU is back to a nice 2% load with wallpaper engine so am all happy again