AM4 recovery build

Budget (including currency): loosely ~100 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: general gaming and light VR

Other details I had a build I liked and for some reason (still working it out) I never got the motherboard shipped.... so i'm looking for a AM4 motherboard with at least one M.2 slot and two 16x pci-e slots but i want them at slot 1 and slot 3 for crossfire (yes i'm aware its not really useful now-a-days) in a case that only has 4 slots opening, I have found many that have 16x slots at 2 and 4, 1 and 4, but none with 1 and 3, does such a mobo even exist?! if not then I'll likely give up on that and/or look into small form factor water cooling, which I don't want to do lol. if anyone can help me or say confidently that no such board exist, it would be of great help, thank you either way.

22 minutes ago, ChronXO0o said:

Budget (including currency): loosely ~100 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: general gaming and light VR

Other details I had a build I liked and for some reason (still working it out) I never got the motherboard shipped.... so i'm looking for a AM4 motherboard with at least one M.2 slot and two 16x pci-e slots but i want them at slot 1 and slot 3 for crossfire (yes i'm aware its not really useful now-a-days) in a case that only has 4 slots opening, I have found many that have 16x slots at 2 and 4, 1 and 4, but none with 1 and 3, does such a mobo even exist?! if not then I'll likely give up on that and/or look into small form factor water cooling, which I don't want to do lol. if anyone can help me or say confidently that no such board exist, it would be of great help, thank you either way.

It may be hard, especially if your budget is 100. In that case I would reccomend the MSI tomahawk max which is a little bit over budget but a great board all around, or the normal tomahawk if you are ok with waiting for AMD to send you a loaner CPU to update the BIO to support 3rd gen ryzen if you are using a 3rd gen chip

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 13t, i7 8565u with 16 gigs, 512 gig  nvme ssd, UHD 620 4k

Other laptop: Acer Chromebook cb3 431 with 4 gigs, celeron n3060 with hd 400 and 16 gigs eMMC soon to be a minecraft server?

Remeber to tag people or else they wont see your post.

Cases with 4 slot bays are usually mATX. Are you looking for an mATX motherboard?

Are you numbering slots from zero or one, starting with the position closest to the cpu?

Most modern motherboards leave empty or place a 1x connector in the slot position closest to the cpu. This is to make things easier with for cpu coolers and gpu with back plates.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

8 hours ago, brob said:

Cases with 4 slot bays are usually mATX. Are you looking for an mATX motherboard?

Are you numbering slots from zero or one, starting with the position closest to the cpu?

Most modern motherboards leave empty or place a 1x connector in the slot position closest to the cpu. This is to make things easier with for cpu coolers and gpu with back plates.

Yes, sorry, not sure how I spaced on bringing that up, I am in fact looking for a mATX board, and I am starting at 1 not zero. 

It may be hard, especially if your budget is 100. In that case I would reccomend the MSI tomahawk max which is a little bit over budget but a great board all around, or the normal tomahawk if you are ok with waiting for AMD to send you a loaner CPU to update the BIO to support 3rd gen ryzen if you are using a 3rd gen chip

ignoring the mATX requirement I forgot to mention (my bad) that board has it's first x16 slot in space 2, the m.2 slot is in space 1. Also the budget is fairly loose, the mobo I started with was 80ish so I was hoping to fine something close to it, but i've never spent more then 120usd on a mobo before 😅. feel free to suggest pricier boards, just not sure i'll go for those as much as other things. I should have noted i'm fairly handy and not bothered in I manually have to make some weird mod long as it's not to crazy.

Thank you both for quick replies though

I don't believe there any mATX motherboards that satisfy requirements.

I take it you want to use something like the Nzxt Kraken G12 on each gpu. If so, you might consider getting a larger (ATX) case.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

1 hour ago, brob said:

I don't believe there any mATX motherboards that satisfy requirements.

I take it you want to use something like the Nzxt Kraken G12 on each gpu. If so, you might consider getting a larger (ATX) case.

actually looking to avoid water cooling if I can, but if no such mobo exist then I guess i will have to look into something else, thank you

Edited by ChronXO0o
typo