Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need help choosing a good headphones

Deus100

Ok guys, I have the budget of around 250 USD dollars, and need the best audio headphones that I can find. So I need the headphones for movies, music and games. Tbh I would rather have good audio on music and movies than games. I don't want like gaming headphones that are only good for games and shit I want a good headphones that I can listen to music and have good sound quality. Ppl say I need sound cards and stuff but I dont know shit about it :D Soooooooooooo please help me guys I know you have better experience than I do. So the best sound option I can do for the best audio quality I can get around 250-300 USD dollars. I have hyperx headphones now and IDK why but my sound Is really low... Idk why... The volume is just really low all of the time I even changed my motherboard and it is still low. When I use them with my sound card internal that I had it was really good.

3 minutes ago, Deus100 said:

Ok guys, I have the budget of around 250 USD dollars, and need the best audio headphones that I can find. So I need the headphones for movies, music and games. Tbh I would rather have good audio on music and movies than games. I don't want like gaming headphones that are only good for games and shit I want a good headphones that I can listen to music and have good sound quality. Ppl say I need sound cards and stuff but I dont know shit about it :D Soooooooooooo please help me guys I know you have better experience than I do. So the best sound option I can do for the best audio quality I can get around 250-300 USD dollars. I have hyperx headphones now and IDK why but my sound Is really low... Idk why... The volume is just really low all of the time I even changed my motherboard and it is still low. When I use them with my sound card internal that I had it was really good.

I just posted this to someone else... and you don't need a sound card. I mean I have one, but for other reasons. I am not sure why you would change your motherboard though, most mobo's all use about the same audio hardware...

Anhyawys:

https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx

These are by far the best headphones at the price point, by miles. 

People run these as their end game headphones, and I totally understand why. I have a pair, and properly driven they punch, way, WAY above their weight class. Plug them into a normal amp/dac and they would great, plug them into a multi-thousand dollar tube amp and a thousand dollar dac, and they sound astounding. They scale extremely well, although they are a bit hard to drive because they are 600 ohm impedance. That said, your PC won't have an issue driving them, but your phone at full volume will not be very loud, if your phone has a headphone port... lol.

They really are the best headphone at anywhere near that price point. I love them, and if you want to get more out of them, a schiit stack (schiit audios amp and dac) for ~200 bucks brings them to an entirely new level. 

Rig: i7 10700k @ 5.1Ghz, 4.8 Ring - - Z490 Vision G - - EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra @ 2025Mhz - - 4x8GB Vengeance Pro 3000Mhz 15-17-17-34 @ 3500MHz 16-19-19-38 - - Samsung 950 Pro 512 NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Samsung 830 Pro 256 RAID 0 Lightroom + Photo work - - WD Blue 1 TB SSD for Games - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - EK Supremacy Evo - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK Full Cover GPU Block - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - Steel Series QcK XXL

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: ESXi 6.5 - - 250 GB SSD for VM's/ESXi boot - - FreeNAS - - HPE Proliant ML10 Gen 9 backbone - - i3 6100 - - 28 GB ECC - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - 10TB WD Red for expendable data - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander

White Lightning (original full watercooled build) - Homelab / Media Server - The Blue Beast (my car and other expensive hobby...) - iPhone Xs - 2018 MacBook Air

28 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

I just posted this to someone else... and you don't need a sound card. I mean I have one, but for other reasons. I am not sure why you would change your motherboard though, most mobo's all use about the same audio hardware...

Anhyawys:

https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx

These are by far the best headphones at the price point, by miles. 

People run these as their end game headphones, and I totally understand why. I have a pair, and properly driven they punch, way, WAY above their weight class. Plug them into a normal amp/dac and they would great, plug them into a multi-thousand dollar tube amp and a thousand dollar dac, and they sound astounding. They scale extremely well, although they are a bit hard to drive because they are 600 ohm impedance. That said, your PC won't have an issue driving them, but your phone at full volume will not be very loud, if your phone has a headphone port... lol.

They really are the best headphone at anywhere near that price point. I love them, and if you want to get more out of them, a schiit stack (schiit audios amp and dac) for ~200 bucks brings them to an entirely new level. 

There are no here in Serbia :(

1 minute ago, Deus100 said:

There are no here in Serbia :(

:(

Rig: i7 10700k @ 5.1Ghz, 4.8 Ring - - Z490 Vision G - - EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra @ 2025Mhz - - 4x8GB Vengeance Pro 3000Mhz 15-17-17-34 @ 3500MHz 16-19-19-38 - - Samsung 950 Pro 512 NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Samsung 830 Pro 256 RAID 0 Lightroom + Photo work - - WD Blue 1 TB SSD for Games - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - EK Supremacy Evo - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK Full Cover GPU Block - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - Steel Series QcK XXL

Homelab/ Media Server: ESXi 6.5 - - 250 GB SSD for VM's/ESXi boot - - FreeNAS - - HPE Proliant ML10 Gen 9 backbone - - i3 6100 - - 28 GB ECC - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - 10TB WD Red for expendable data - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander

White Lightning (original full watercooled build) - Homelab / Media Server - The Blue Beast (my car and other expensive hobby...) - iPhone Xs - 2018 MacBook Air

17 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

:(

Omg they do send them to Serbia!!! Tell me what to pick from these options. Should I buy this, look at image.

Screenshot_1.png

14 minutes ago, Deus100 said:

Omg they do send them to Serbia!!! Tell me what to pick from these options. Should I buy this, look at image.

Screenshot_1.png

I mean, you need to get the headphones first... Without headphones an amp won't do you much good. Also, that is just the amp if I am not mistaken, you would still need a dac.

Just now, LIGISTX said:

I mean, you need to get the headphones first... Without headphones an amp won't do you much good. Also, that is just the amp if I am not mistaken, you would still need a dac.

Well Now I will get them :D I read a lot of reviews. They all love them :)

4 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

They use normal 3.5 jack that is on all motherboards right? @LIGISTX

7 minutes ago, Deus100 said:

They use normal 3.5 jack that is on all motherboards right? @LIGISTX

The 6xx's come with a 3.5mm, and an adapter to 1/4 so if you get a nice amp, you will be able to plug them into that as well.