ITX/MATX B450/x570?

Ok so i just got a b450 MATX msi gaming board.

But me thinking that the b450 will support ryzen 4000 i ordered it.

I now really dont think it'll support ryzen 4000.

I still got till may 31 to return the b450.

Since i got a Fractal Micro atx case, i've to keep with itx or micro atx.

So if i want to run a ryzen 4000 when it comes out, i'll have to go for x570 or b550 next month.

So my question is what board should i get when it comes to matx or itx. 

apparently the asrock x570 is the only matx board, and it has crap vrm.

So i was looking at the Asus Strix x570i gaming.

anything else i should be looking out for or just get the Asus?

I was going for a ryzen 3900x but i'll just be waiting with a ryzen 3600 that i got for around 160$ till the 4000 series comes out.

If you want Ryzen 4000, the X570 Strix is a very solid option. Though B550 boards are also looking promising.

As for B450/X470 - they may get support. It depends on the manufacturer, though. So this time around, AMD is not mandating support rather it's up to Asus, ASRock, Gigabyte, MSI to decide whether they will add support or no.

B450 confirmation for 4000 series was leaked a while ago from AIB partners. It will be compatible.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

If you want Ryzen 4000, the X570 Strix is a very solid option. Though B550 boards are also looking promising.

As for B450/X470 - they may get support. It depends on the manufacturer, though. So this time around, AMD is not mandating support rather it's up to Asus, ASRock, Gigabyte, MSI to decide whether they will add support or no.

Yeah , apparently the b550 are coming out next month.

I think the best option for me is to keep using this board till the 30th and request a return and wait for b550. Since amazon also doesn't have the Asus in stock , In stock on May 30.

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

B450 confirmation for 4000 series was leaked a while ago from AIB partners. It will be compatible.

Yeah but its like what 5x5 said , it all comes down to the manufacturer to support it and since the b450 gigabyte MATX is kinda in the low end i dont think they'll.

I guess its not worth risking it.