Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

should i upgrade my gpu now or wait?

lamphouse99
 Share

5 minutes ago, lamphouse99 said:

i currently have an evga gtx 970 and im wondering if i should upgrade now or wait for next generation graphics cards.

Im thinking of getting an rtx 2070: https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2070-gv-n2070wf2-8gd/p/N82E16814932160

and im wondering if i should get this or wait a few months to get an rtx 3000 gpu

depends, do the frames you have now make you sad? Are you on the resolution you want to be? Do you games look terrible? Do you want to play certain games but you cant because you are limited?

NOTE: I AM NEVER ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT I AM HAPPY TO HELP ANYWAY I CAN

Tag me @WambleCropped or quote me so I can see your reply

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WambleCropped said:

depends, do the frames you have now make you sad? Are you on the resolution you want to be? Do you games look terrible? Do you want to play certain games but you cant because you are limited?

my gtx 970 isnt a bad card and i play at 1080p and will probably upgrade my monitor too if i upgrade my gpu, but in newer games like rdr2 i have to turn settings down quite a bit to get 60fps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, lamphouse99 said:

my gtx 970 isnt a bad card and i play at 1080p and will probably upgrade my monitor too if i upgrade my gpu, but in newer games like rdr2 i have to turn settings down quite a bit to get 60fps

then yes it is probably time to upgrade. Depends honestly if you want to wait of not. If you really, really want to have high settings and high frames then go for! But, if you prefer waiting to get even better performance then wait. I would probably say wait if you can

NOTE: I AM NEVER ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT I AM HAPPY TO HELP ANYWAY I CAN

Tag me @WambleCropped or quote me so I can see your reply

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, WambleCropped said:

then yes it is probably time to upgrade. Depends honestly if you want to wait of not. If you really, really want to have high settings and high frames then go for! But, if you prefer waiting to get even better performance then wait. I would probably say wait if you can

yeah i guess i can live with lower settings until new gpus come out so hopefully they come out as soon as they can

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally wait. its not like you cant play games right now. The wait for rtx 3xxx will be totally worth it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×