Setting up a VLAN on a network switch

I recently bought a TL-SG108E. My previous router had the wan port as VLAN 102, I did that to bypass my ips router. So how do I do that on the switch. I got a bit confused when I saw the untagged/tagged ports, and networking isn't my strong side of the tech world. 

In the picture is what I did, I don't know if it's correct. 717948153_Annotation2020-05-07150803.jpg.6a0ce174555c40050b6019b6a3e07c98.jpg

50 minutes ago, Im_Ben said:

I recently bought a TL-SG108E. My previous router had the wan port as VLAN 102, I did that to bypass my ips router. So how do I do that on the switch. I got a bit confused when I saw the untagged/tagged ports, and networking isn't my strong side of the tech world. 

In the picture is what I did, I don't know if it's correct. 717948153_Annotation2020-05-07150803.jpg.6a0ce174555c40050b6019b6a3e07c98.jpg

VLANs are passed between devices by adding a “tag” to the ethernet frame. So “tagged” means that the port will send out traffic for that VLAN with the VLAN tag in place, and likewise accept traffic which has the tag. This means the device plugged into that port understands VLANs and is programmed to use 102 (in your case).

Untagged means that any traffic which comes into the switch without a VLAN tag will be put into that VLAN, and any traffic leaving the port in that VLAN will not be tagged.

I’m not sure exactly what you are trying to do, so I can’t provide a recommendation about how you should set it.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

6 minutes ago, brwainer said:

VLANs are passed between devices by adding a “tag” to the ethernet frame. So “tagged” means that the port will send out traffic for that VLAN with the VLAN tag in place, and likewise accept traffic which has the tag. This means the device plugged into that port understands VLANs and is programmed to use 102 (in your case).

Untagged means that any traffic which comes into the switch without a VLAN tag will be put into that VLAN, and any traffic leaving the port in that VLAN will not be tagged.

I’m not sure exactly what you are trying to do, so I can’t provide a recommendation about how you should set it.

Thanks, that helped