No signal to monitor

dan_slater07

I'm trying to revive my 13 year old computer which hasn't actually been used in about 3 years. I've set it all back up, however when I turn the screen on, it tells me there is no input signal. I have replaced the vga cable to see if this was the issue with a brand new one, but I still have the same issue. Help please. 

2 minutes ago, dan_slater07 said:

I'm trying to revive my 13 year old computer which hasn't actually been used in about 3 years. I've set it all back up, however when I turn the screen on, it tells me there is no input signal. I have replaced the vga cable to see if this was the issue with a brand new one, but I still have the same issue. Help please. 

Check to see if the input on the monitor is selecting 'vga' and not another input. If possible, try another monitor. If those things don't work, start to diagnose the pc.

Good luck!

At this age, anything could be wrong. Without spare parts to test against, you'll have to guess as to what's not working. What are the specs?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Everything else seems in working order its just the monitor. I'll try and source a cheap one somewhere see if that does the trick

22 minutes ago, dan_slater07 said:

Everything else seems in working order its just the monitor. I'll try and source a cheap one somewhere see if that does the trick

If the HDD light is flashing like the OS is booting up, it's likely video signal being interfered with somehow. Video output, cable, or monitor. If you get no HDD activity or limited right at startup, something else is likely amiss.

was your psu also plugged into a wall outlet or a power strip AND turned on?