I need a gaming case for under £25

Xsilent0
Go to solution Solved by boggy77,

this is the cheapest I'd go for any of the components. the 1600af is the same performance as the 2600.

I’m on a budget and I’m building my first pc:

Amd Ryzen 5 2600

Rx 580 8gb- used

16gb ddr4 ram

Msi b450m a pro max

120gb ssd

500gb hdd

CIT 80+ bronze 500w power supply

And the case?

i need help

3 minutes ago, Xsilent0 said:

Msi b450m a pro max

that's a pretty bad motherboard, I'd advise you to change it. 

what's your total budget and location?

Look for a cheap case off local classifieds and put that 25 into a power supply.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

15 minutes ago, Xsilent0 said:

I’m on a budget and I’m building my first pc:

Amd Ryzen 5 2600

Rx 580 8gb- used

16gb ddr4 ram

Msi b450m a pro max

120gb ssd

500gb hdd

CIT 80+ bronze 500w power supply

And the case?

i need help

Ok so basically you are buying a fire hazard pc killer psu. So don't do that. What's your budget in total for the build. I might be able to solve the issues it has. Also if all else fails get some random used case.

The impression I am getting is the user wants more cpu and gpu than they can afford and are buying absolutely bottom shelf other components in an attempt to get there.  I’m not sure it’s a good idea.  More money, or less primary component cost.  Can a 1600af be found for less than the 2600?  Maybe downgrade to a 3500 if that is possible?  I personally approve of cheaping our on the case.  It’s the component that has the least effect on performance or safety.  

There are a couple free options for cases.  The case system has been standardized for a very long time, so an old computer containing now useless components could be scavenged for its case.  Another option is no case at all but merely screwing everything to a piece of wood and mounting it to a wall like the worlds most awful picture frame.  The hard one with that is getting the PSU to mount.  There are a couple ways around that one and may require some ingenuity.  It’s possible though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

26 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Ok so basically you are buying a fire hazard pc killer psu. So don't do that. What's your budget in total for the build. I might be able to solve the issues it has. Also if all else fails get some random used case.

My budget total is £350 but I would rather keep the rx 580 and amd Ryzen 5 2600 than downgrade but I can get a better psu and get a cheap case

41 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Look for a cheap case off local classifieds and put that 25 into a power supply.

I will have a look is the Corsair vs450 good?

42 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

that's a pretty bad motherboard, I'd advise you to change it. 

what's your total budget and location?

For a motherboard my location is England and I have a budget of £60 for a motherboard

15 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The impression I am getting is the user wants more cpu and gpu than they can afford and are buying absolutely bottom shelf other components in an attempt to get there.  I’m not sure it’s a good idea.  More money, or less primary component cost.  Can a 1600af be found for less than the 2600?  Maybe downgrade to a 3500 if that is possible?  I personally approve of cheaping our on the case.  It’s the component that has the least effect on performance or safety.  

There are a couple free options for cases.  The case system has been standardized for a very long time, so an old computer containing now useless components could be scavenged for its case.  Another option is no case at all but merely screwing everything to a piece of wood and mounting it to a wall like the worlds most awful picture frame.  The hard one with that is getting the PSU to mount.  There are a couple ways around that one and may require some ingenuity.  It’s possible though.

The Ryzen 5 1600af is £10cheaper so I’m gonna keep that but I can downgrade to like a rx 570 or get a super cheap case and get a better psu

1 minute ago, Xsilent0 said:

I will have a look is the Corsair vs450 good?

No.

Just now, Xsilent0 said:

The Ryzen 5 1600af is £10cheaper so I’m gonna keep that but I can downgrade to like a rx 570 or get a super cheap case and get a better psu

Look for some free computers on your local used sites that people are throwing away. Plenty of those and then remove all the parts and put the pc in there.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

No.

What psu do you recommend for under £35

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Look for some free computers on your local used sites that people are throwing away. Plenty of those and then remove all the parts and put the pc in there.

The thing is I want it you to be new and like used ones will be used and dirty and I will probably buy a cheaper on so it’s new 

this is the cheapest I'd go for any of the components. the 1600af is the same performance as the 2600.

Just now, Xsilent0 said:

The thing is I want it you to be new and like used ones will be used and dirty and I will probably buy a cheaper on so it’s new 

Remove the front panel IO and give the case a bath. Easy fix for that issue.

2 minutes ago, Xsilent0 said:

None that will do their job.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

None that will do their job.

What price point will I need to pay for a psu that does its job?

6 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

that motherboard or asrock b450.?

1 minute ago, Xsilent0 said:

that motherboard or asrock b450.?

the b450m-hdv in the build above is better than the msi b450m you picked.

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

the b450m-hdv in the build above is better than the msi b450m you picked.

Okay il get that instead

recommend a good cheap psu? 

3 minutes ago, Xsilent0 said:

Okay il get that instead

recommend a good cheap psu? 

i already did in the build. corsair cx450. i wouldn't go any cheaper.

maybe be quiet! System Power 9 as the absolute cheapest i'd trust. anything cheaper will burn your house down.

16 minutes ago, Xsilent0 said:

The issue with PSUs is almost entirely safety.  It’s the most potentially damaging part of the system, and the one most sensitive to wear.  If/when a PSU fails it can destroy the entire rest of the system as well.  The idea is to get one with high quality components that are less likely to fail, and/or fail in a way that does not also destroy the rest of the system.  Cheap PSUs tend to lack these features.  I suggest reading the PSU tierlist faq in the PSU section of this forum.  I kind of doubt you’re going to get a safe PSU for under £50.  Maybe more.  Might get lucky though.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

i already did in the build. corsair cx450. i wouldn't go any cheaper.

maybe be quiet! System Power 9 as the absolute cheapest i'd trust. anything cheaper will burn your house down.

Ok will rethink with you advice

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The issue with PSUs is almost entirely safety.  It’s the most potentially damaging part of the system, and the one most sensitive to wear.  If/when a PSU fails it can destroy the entire rest of the system as well.  The idea is to get one with high quality components that are less likely to fail, and/or fail in a way that does not also destroy the rest of the system.  Cheap PSUs tend to lack these features.  I suggest reading the PSU tierlist faq in the PSU section of this forum.  I kind of doubt you’re going to get a safe PSU for under £50.  Maybe more.  Might get lucky though.  

I’m gonna keep watching reviews and stuff and keep looking and hopefully I get luck if not I’ll have to buy a £50 one