Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question for AW2720HF and Alienware monitor owners; How accurate is the monitor built-in FPS counter compared to FRAPS or game's FPS counter?

Go to solution Solved by Doobeedoo,

Monitor reports refresh rate not framerate if it shows Hz behind a number no. 

Monitor's built-in FPS monitor reports constant 240Hz while FRAPS and in-game FPS reports a different number that fluctuates between 120-200 fps; G-Sync is turned on in Nvidia's control panel btw. I'm not sure which one is the accurate one and Google results aren't answering my questions. It's not a fake static number neither, it fluctuates with v-sync/g-sync off in games like Bannerlord and Mordhau but states 240Hz while fps fluctuates like crazy if it's League of Legends.

One day I'll get League to run at 300fps stable instead of having the same performance as my trash can with a 5 years old graphics card.

Ryzen 7 3800X | X570 Aorus Elite | G.Skill 16GB 3200MHz C16 | Radeon RX 5700 XT | Samsung 850 PRO 256GB |Mousepad: Skypad 2.0 XL | Mouse: Zowie S1-C |Keyboard: Corsair K63 MX red | OS: Windows 10

2 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Ah I see, I thought they were the same thing but I got my answer about the difference from Google. TIL, thanks!

One day I'll get League to run at 300fps stable instead of having the same performance as my trash can with a 5 years old graphics card.