Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TUF GAMING X570-Plus Wifi and Ram speeds

CypherQc
 Share

Go to solution Solved by Mateyyy,

The DRAM reading in CPU-Z is correct, because the actual memory speed is doubled.

Enable D.O.C.P. in the BIOS - that should set both the frequency and timings for your memory to what it was rated for.

Hi here is my setup

 

 

TUF GAMING X570-Plus Wifi
Gskills Ripjaws V DDR-3600 CL16-19-19-39
Ryzen 5 3600

 

So. My ddr4-3600 ram appears as 

15887547766758923490825121381432.thumb.jpg.d83f1c1b09c70fdef3c92491156ed1ac.jpg.d558f364b74312c2768906f359f9b5e1.jpg

By default

But if i put this on instead of auto

15887548325721499142997556062170.thumb.jpg.863946b5b29998b2afc8b63d59bef254.jpg.86a688de517349f98bed150ffb84b030.jpg

 

The bios effs up and the computer doesnt boot anymore. Did a memtest and motherboard self check already. All came up 100%

Motherboard is asus tuf gaming x570-plus wifi

 

And CPU-Z shows even shittier numbers

Capture.PNG.8c72596885920846c8916738482bef7e.png.d7ae1bd41000cb73a42ecc5da1c9ce5d.png

 

Any ideas? Never fiddled with Ram before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

The DRAM reading in CPU-Z is correct, because the actual memory speed is doubled.

Enable D.O.C.P. in the BIOS - that should set both the frequency and timings for your memory to what it was rated for.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to enable DOCP, or it wont apply the correct memory voltage or timings. With Asus you dont have to manually select the memory frequency but you could and it will scale timings accordingly.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

15887548325721499142997556062170.thumb.jpg.863946b5b29998b2afc8b63d59bef254.jpg.86a688de517349f98bed150ffb84b030.jpg

In AI Overclock tuner choose DOCP/XMP - Save and exit

CPU: i7 9700K@5ghz all core (silence + summer)

cache x47, AVX offset 0

Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero

RAM: Patriot Viper Steel 2x8gb@3733mhz @jedec cl15

PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3

Mon:  LG 27GL850-B, 144Hz Nano IPS - G-Sync compatible/Freesync

GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC Black Edition w/ G12 bracket

Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K

Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout

Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb

Cooling: CPU: Kraken X62 - GPU: Kraken X42(RIP) -> X53 (From RMA)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, CypherQc said:

 

It shows the correct timings on docp line after reboot but not in dram.status..is this normal?

On your keyboard, press Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box. Type cmd in the box and press Enter. 2) Copy & paste wmic memorychip get speed into the Command Prompt window, and hit Enter. This command will allow you to check your RAM chip's speed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...
On 5/6/2020 at 10:24 AM, CypherQc said:

Hi here is my setup

 

 

TUF GAMING X570-Plus Wifi
Gskills Ripjaws V DDR-3600 CL16-19-19-39
Ryzen 5 3600

 

So. My ddr4-3600 ram appears as 

15887547766758923490825121381432.thumb.jpg.d83f1c1b09c70fdef3c92491156ed1ac.jpg.d558f364b74312c2768906f359f9b5e1.jpg

By default

But if i put this on instead of auto

15887548325721499142997556062170.thumb.jpg.863946b5b29998b2afc8b63d59bef254.jpg.86a688de517349f98bed150ffb84b030.jpg

 

The bios effs up and the computer doesnt boot anymore. Did a memtest and motherboard self check already. All came up 100%

Motherboard is asus tuf gaming x570-plus wifi

 

And CPU-Z shows even shittier numbers

Capture.PNG.8c72596885920846c8916738482bef7e.png.d7ae1bd41000cb73a42ecc5da1c9ce5d.png

 

Any ideas? Never fiddled with Ram before.

Hey im having the same problem i followed everything and its stuck in a bios loop no matter what I do it just puts me straight back into bios again

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Zenitsu said:

Hey im having the same problem i followed everything and its stuck in a bios loop no matter what I do it just puts me straight back into bios again

 

The way I fixed it is I installed windows on my drive using a friend’s computer, without entering a key, and then putting that drive in my pc.

 

Don’t know why this is happening, but after that you should be fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 2:54 PM, CypherQc said:

The way I fixed it is I installed windows on my drive using a friend’s computer, without entering a key, and then putting that drive in my pc.

 

Don’t know why this is happening, but after that you should be fine.

Next time you can save yourself a bunch of hassle by just clearing the cmos by putting a screw driver between the two cmos jumpers. consult your motherboard's user manual for more details. good luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×