Advice to get Valorant

Perrin

Just thought I'd post this in case anyone wants to know how to get Valorant. First start by linking your Riot Games account to your Twitch account, this will enable you to be eligible to be put on the drop list. Now go and watch someone streaming Valorant and make sure it has the "Drops Enabled" tag. Now just wait, you have to watch for 2 hours to be put on the list and every subsequent hour gives you better chances to get a key. Drawing is taken randomly from a pool of everyone who wants a key. It had a stream on for about 7 hrs and got my key while I wasn't watching anything. This can happen, you can actually receive your key without watching a stream at the moment as long as you have watched 2 hours. Also don't mute the stream using the Twitch stream video thingy, rather mute the page by right clicking on the tab. Reply if you have any questions.

Didn't get a key, but I did get a direct invite from RIOT for the closed beta.

Alienware Area 51m 2019:  RTX 2060 | i7-9700 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance (2x16GB) 2666 | 1TB 970 EVO | 240GB Corsair Force MP510.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=812790

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NZKshatriya/saved/

BACKUP SYSTEM:  ASUS Prime X470 PRO | Ryzen 5 1600 | G.skill FORTIS 16GB(2x8GB) 2400 | SanDisk SDSSDA 120GB | EVGA SuperNOVA GA 850 | HAF-XB-EVO

12 minutes ago, NZKshatriya said:

Yeah that's what you get

2 hours ago, NZKshatriya said:

Valorant isn't released yet. Hence getting invite for beta. Closed beta is usually followed by open beta (old days these were called demos) right before release.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Valorant isn't released yet. Hence getting invite for beta. Closed beta is usually followed by open beta (old days these were called demos) right before release.

Can depend.  Old old days they were demos. These days often even the 1.0 is basically beta.  Even 1.1 or 1.2 is still beta sometimes.  Bethesda iirc is pretty bad for this one.  I’m not sure fallout76 even ever got out of what would have been beta.  Steam is running something called early access which seems to vary between pre-alpha, alpha, and beta.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.